Tracker boats bass pro service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracker boats bass pro service

So I bought my boat two weeks ago and have had it out twice. I had them put a lowrance hook 7 depth finder on and I upgraded the trolling motor to a motor guide xi5 with spot lock. I took it out and the depth finder worked for all of 30 minutes then kept giving mis readings and scrambling the screen. Plus they accidentally gave me a 7x and not a 7 with the mapping technology. So I was pretty bummed out about that. I tried to trouble shoot myself and it is sounding like a transducer issue or coil issue. So a week goes by and I take it out a second time to maybe think the problem worked itself out. It did work for about three hours and then crapped out again. Also after putting in trolling motor it started smoking at one point so I unplugged it and stopped using it. Happy with the boat but very unhappy with the accessories. I first went in the week before to ask about the depth finder and got multiple answers as to what was wrong and not one solid answer to the issue. They told me to bring boat in Monday and I took it out last Sunday and that is when the trolling motor had issues. So I take it up there and first, they don’t have me scheduled after I physically stood in the office and watched the lady make the appointment. Then they said that they need to send trolling motor to third party. I was not too happy with response as it was two weeks old. They didn’t write anything down about the depth finder not working and only that it was wrong unit. I had to write down that it was misreading as well. The guy just looked at me cross when I did that. I have been trying to be patient but it has been over a week now with no response and no answer when I call. Has anyone else dealt with terrible service through bass pro/tracker marine? I am staring to get really frustrated. Any advice would help. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Glad nothing has changed there all these years.[emoji57]

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Glad nothing has changed there all these years.[emoji57]

Gary
      So true!

Comment

Terrible service. I will not go through that again with those knuckleheads and that was almost 20 years ago.

Comment

I switched mine to a helix 7 and upgraded trolling motors, but did it myself. I have a 2011 and have never had a problem with the boat itself.

Comment

Awesome, thank you for letting me know guys.

Comment

Just call Johnny Morris and complain to him.
              My experience dealing with Bass Pro boat people is that they are all dumb as rocks. Not a one that I ever talked to knew jack squat about electronics or how to use them.

There is a guy up in Lewisville that is good however and that's where I went to get my Xi5. David at ShutUpandFish is a good dude. https://shut-up-and-fish.com/ He can teach you too.

Comment

I'll second Sut-up-and-fish. David knows his stuff, and electronic installs.

Comment

Working...
                X