Should I get a Sarrel's or Primal Tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there is not a right answer and from what I read they are both great bowyers. I have read many a great reviews on Bob's bows but I do not know much about Primal Tech. So any opinions and/or pics would be great. Thanks!

Just got my first bow from Bob recently, and it's great. Can't help regarding Primal Tech.

Not sure where you live, but-- if anywhere near Austin-- you can drop by Bob's place and shoot a bunch of bows with him to see what you like.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

I just ordered my second Primaltech.
      Here's my first.
      Gary
      Last edited by DRT; 08-29-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I’ve been shooting Sarrels bows for 20yrs. I own 4 Blueridges, and several others. I had a Primal Tech pass around longbow last year. Randy is about to complete my takedown longbow in the next few days. This will be the first non-Sarrels new bow I have bought in 20yrs!!!!!

You can’t go wrong with either one. The best advice I could give would be to make a road trip to each, shoot some of their bows, and decide which one you like best.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Bisch; 08-29-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I've got one of each and love them both. You should definitely try to shoot one of each, but you won't go wrong either way. And Bob and Randy are both stand up guys and easy to work with.

Comment

To even be considered along side of Bob is an honor!!
            We would both strive our best to make your wishes come true!
            If I can be of any assistance or if you just want to chat Bows feel free to give me a shout. I’m pm you my number.
            Ps.. where are you located?

Comment

Sarrels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

you should get one of each then you could tell us which one you like the most .

Comment

Sarrels has been around for a long time... so there is good history with those bows. If you like his bows, then shoot em. I'll be honest, I'd buy a Sarrels bow in a heartbeat if I could shoot one worth a darn. They just aren't build for how I like to hold and shoot a bow. Everything about a bow comes down to personal preference.

I have read many a great reviews on Bob's bows but I do not know much about Primal Tech.
                  Well, the first time I shot one of Randy's bows was in the mountains of Colorado... shooting at a stump because... we couldn't seem to stumble upon any elk. I'd buy a bow from Randy for the same reason I'd buy a bow from Bob... I trust him. It felt great... and I noted that for a longbow, I'd like to try shooting it some more... but my stubborn mind said to keep my eye on the prize and not get distracted...

Fast forward to a few months ago and I'm unboxing one of Randy's bows for a pass around... I strung it up and shot a few arrows and started to get worried... worried that I might be buying a bow soon that I hadn't planned on. I shot that bow so well out of the box without any tuning that I actually felt comfortable taking to the lease to shoot some hogs... I shot it just as good as I had been shooting my Black Widow recurve for the past 4 years. To make what is already a long story short... I didn't see any hogs (well... I did... but not in a practical hunting scenario..) but I did stumble upon a big ol' Swamprabbit... and I killed that critter at 15ish yards with a bow that I had shot maybe 12 arrows with prior... Randy makes a darn fine bow and a real shooter.

I thought my next custom bow would be a BW longbow... but now it will be a Primal Tech... (not sure when that is... Randy is going to learn how much patience I have in waiting a bow purchase out....)

Try both if you can. Don't settle. I tried lots of bows before I actually bought my Widow which I have been hunting/shooting for 4 years. But rest assured on this... Randy makes a good bow, is a great guy, and will take care of you.

Comment

As Scott said, try em both, if at all possible! I currently shoot a Sarrels Blueridge, and have been for the last bout 8-10 yrs. With that being said, I am getting a Primal Tech ASAP! I love my Sarrels, but really was floored when Randy let me shoot his own personal bow on our elk hunt last year. EXTREMELY SMOOTH DRAW CYCLE, no stack, and it really feels like your pulling pounds under the weight the bow actually is. And at the shot... it’s beyond “dead in the hand”!! I am nervous when I shoot in front of others, even though I’ve been shooting/hunting trad for many years. I said that to say that when I finally let Randy talk me into shooting his bow, I hit the end of a water bottle at prob 15 yds on the 2nd or 3rd shot. I realize that’s not super pinpoint accuracy hitting a 2-3” object, but as uncomfortable as I was shooting with others watching, it was quite the accomplishment! I know Bob is as good an Ol boy as they come, and his bows are top notch. But I can also personally vouch for Randy as a person, and as a meticulous, awesome bowyer. You would just have to see one, handle it, shoot it to understand. And I also know both Randy, and Bob, are good to work with and stand behind the bows they make. Can’t speak for Bob, but Randy is a jam up cook too! Good luck on your decision! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Working...
                    X