Dad/Daughter Axis Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad/Daughter Axis Hunt

My daughter and I went to a friends place on Fathers Day weekend east of Rocksprings. We had a great time. Beautiful place and everything is so green right now. Weather was absolutely perfect. Mid 60s in the morning and mid / upper 80s in the afternoon. We left Thursday morning and was able to hunt that evening. Sat on a feeder that evening and got skunked. They aren’t coming to feed right now. Left a little early and did a slow drive back to camp. We rolled up on an absolute stud pushing a doe. Got out and started stalking. Got to within 150 yds but he was in and out of brush before he disappeared. 36” EASILY. Not afraid to say he was 38+. Just a monster. So the bar was set high for the weekend! [emoji16] Friday morning started in a stand close by where we seen big boy until about 7:30 and decided again to stalk to that area. Came up on another one that I think was around 30-31, but like I said the bar was high! That evening went to a different part on the ranch and was going after a doe. Seen nothing but WT and Blackbuck. My buddy said we could shoot a BB doe but we didn’t. Saturday morning we waited until right before shooting light before we headed out. Headed back towards the area hoping again for a shot at big boy. We were driving to get close and then we’re going to stalk in from there. As we were getting close to the area my daughter spotted one about 250 yds out. I stopped the Ranger and started glassing him. He was nice! Not the stud but nevertheless nice. I told her we need to get on this one. Wind was right in our face hard. We got out of the Ranger to get by some brush and just wait because he was slowing working his way towards us. He kicked the crap out of every bush he came across. He got to about 150 yds and was really wearing this bush out. He was headed for some thicker brush where we might loose him. We got propped up on the sticks and told her when he gave her a shot to take it. He then stood up on his hind legs and was raking a high limb! Really cool. When came down on all fours and turned she was on him! Dropped that sucker in his tracks at 150 and he did one head twitch! I mean she smoked his butt! She was shooting my Remington 270 model 700 that’s 34 years old with 150 gr. Gun is still beautiful and shoots great. She normally shoots a 243 which is just a little light for those big boys at a little distance.

Anyway super proud and she was extremely excited!!! Her first Axis and was a 34” on the nose stud!! Thanks for reading......
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3117.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	25181248

Name:	IMG_3118.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	25181249

Name:	IMG_3119.jpg
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	25181250

Name:	IMG_3129.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	25181251

Name:	IMG_3123.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	25181252

Name:	IMG_3157.jpg
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	25181253

Name:	IMG_3161.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	25181254

Name:	IMG_3165.jpg
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	25181255

Name:	IMG_3168.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	25181256

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice-congrats

Comment

Great pics! Congratulations to her!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Big congrats!

Comment

Great buck! Congrats to you both!

Comment

Awesome buck. Congrats to yall

Comment

This is awesome congrats to you both. I can’t wait til my daughter is old enough to hunt.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

super cool, congrats

Comment

Good Axis herd on their place. All lf as well....

Comment

Nice buck congrats!

Comment

great write up and a great buck! congrats!

Comment

wow he is a stud!

Comment

Heck Yeah, that's awesome.

Comment

Nice Axis! Congrats to her for getting it done

Comment

Man that’s awesome. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X