GPS watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS watches

Any on have experience with the Casio Pro Trek F30 or the Garmin Fenix 5X plus.

Thanks for any info

No, but if you’re still on the fence checkout the Suunto traverse alpha.

More geared toward hunting. Couldn’t be happier.

Comment

I have a Garmin Instinct. It's got everything you need for hunting, hiking, outdoors and such. Like it so far.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Love my Fenix 3. The app and website are great. Garmin makes a heck of a product.

Comment

I have the Garmin Fenix 5x plus. It's a really good watch. I've had a Suunto, a Fenix 3 and an Apple series 3 watch. This one is my favorite by far.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 5x and absolutely love it. Thought it was gonna feel too big but it’s my daily watch now. I got it a couple months before the 5x plus came out but the biggest difference is Apple Pay and stuff which I wouldn’t use anyways. I would buy it again in a heartbeat, we used it with some maps we uploaded way points on at the lease and it worked great

The only thing I don’t like is after I run it tells me how bad of shape I’m in for endurance sports. Apparently I function like a 50yo but I’m 33

Comment

I have had 2 Garmin watch's and both of them died around a year old. I am not 100% sure but I think they were the Tactix series. I thought for the price point I would get much longer life out of them. This has been several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  I have a Garmin Instinct. It's got everything you need for hunting, hiking, outdoors and such. Like it so far.

How long you had the instinct Shane? That’s my next watch unless I see some horrible reviews.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I wore a garmin forerunner daily for about 2 years. I really liked it and thought about trying the fenix 5

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                      How long you had the instinct Shane? That’s my next watch unless I see some horrible reviews.

Sierracharlie out…
                      I've only had it about a month. So far I have no complaints. It doesn't have a color touch screen, and you don't get all the apps that some smart watches have. But when you have to have your phone next to you for all those apps and functions to work anyway, I've never seen the point of using a little watch to limp along on smart phone apps when your phone is in your pocket and would work better for that stuff anyway.

The Instinct has functions that are useful outdoors. GPS, altimeter, barometer, heart rate monitor, etc... Rather than being a limited replacement for your phone, it adds features and functions to your phone. Makes a better compliment to a phone for my needs than fancier smart watches.

Comment

I’ve had a Suunto. Now wearing the Fenix 5X plus. Amazing piece of equipment. Best I’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          No, but if you’re still on the fence checkout the Suunto traverse alpha.

More geared toward hunting. Couldn’t be happier.
                          This....I love mine. I got the silicone strap and now wear it more than many of my automatics.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            Yep I just got one my self, if you go to S&S Archery and enter rokslide you get 10% off and I believe it was free shipping also. So it was 224.00 or there abouts, that’s the best I found it for.

Comment

I’ll second the instinct, lots of great features for outdoor use
                              And a tough watch thus far (I’m h*ll on the hardware)

Comment

Working...
                              X