Charging a process fee for whitetail question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging a process fee for whitetail question

While I’m well aware that selling whitetail meat is illegal I was wondering if you can charge a fee to say quarter a deer. So say I have some extra does, could I charge a fee such as $50 to skin and quarter a deer and put in a ice chest. Then give the deer to individuals in the cooler. Was just wondering if that was okay.

Call a game warden.

Comment

I'm going to say no, as that would be selling venison.

Comment

Sell them a $50 experience where they learn how to clean a deer and get to keep the meat once done

Comment

Illegal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The law will look at the intent.

Comment

Sell a doe hunt didn't say if they were dead or alive

Comment

I'd imagine you can charge to process a deer as long as you follow all the rules the processors have to follow.

Comment

Why not charge them $50 to shoot a doe and you can skin and quarter them up for transport?

Comment

I have seen where ranches charge a fee for quartering animals. What's the difference?

Comment

It is little late but....if you were not doing this regularly(for a living/advertising) and you would not have broadcast it on a public forum you could have done what you wanted with no issues.

Comment

I gave my neighbor a deer, he gave me a bottle of brown spirits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Print a couple recipes from TBH and sell the page[s] for $50. Give them some free venison to try it out on.

Comment

If you shoot a deer and take to processor and they paid for skinning and quartering. Would be same except someone else gets paid to do the work.

Comment

I’d give them away whole but nobody wants a whole deer now adays. Everyone wants. It already processed.

Comment

Working...
                              X