First buck ever and first bow kill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First buck ever and first bow kill!

I got on this forum several years ago because I got a bow on a trade. I never really got to throw arrows at anything other than a target. I also only had aluminum arrows if that tells you anything as to how old the compound bow was. I had a buddy that wanted me to come hunt management deer at his ranch. Knowing that, I was able to work out some photography work for a new bowtech bow but it’s not coming until January now....

My buddy called me up last weekend and told me the rut was picking up and I needed to come down and bring my old bow.

I got there and had to sight it in with graphite arrows since the aluminum ones straight suck. Lol

The management deer I was after was an older 11 point. He came in early but saw a doe and took off - I figured he was gone. At the same blind we had 2 other smaller management deer come in. It was just a waiting game to see which one was coming in first. The maybe 120” 8 point started walking up to the feeder, then next thing I knew the 11 point I was after came in hot out of no where. In the past my buddy said he would come in and be very skiddish. This time he walked straight up to the feeder and turned broadside. A complete lay up and perfect for me as a first time bow hunter. I let the arrow fly and hit it right in the shoulder. After a good blood trail and letting him sit we were able to track him down! Weighed 200lbs” and ended up scoring 165.5”. I’m probably ruined with it being my first buck, but I’ve been invited to hunt deer several places the past several years and the specific bucks I was after never showed. I feel as if it was worth the wait! Now time to continue my new addiction for bow hunting! Buck fever is definitely an addictive feeling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, nice deer

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Great buck

Comment

Nice deer, Congrats

Comment

One hell of a start! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome man! Congratulations.... Heck of a first buck and heck of a buck anytime!! Hope you can make it to WORP this year- my 5 year old asks me at least once a month if he can watch the “duck video”..... one of the videos you made a few years ago.

Comment

Thats a heck of a buck for a management hunt. You've got a great buddy taking care of ya. Congrats

Comment

Heck of a cherry buster. Congrats, thank that buddy again.

Comment

Very nice South Texas buck, congrats !

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
                      Awesome man! Congratulations.... Heck of a first buck and heck of a buck anytime!! Hope you can make it to WORP this year- my 5 year old asks me at least once a month if he can watch the “duck video”..... one of the videos you made a few years ago.

Man worp is looking kind of slim this year. It ends up being my busiest time of year. Trying to get stuff finalized over the next few days to figure out how it’s all going to play out.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Very nice sir! Hellava way to pop the bow cherry

Comment

Great deer. Congratulations on your first.

Comment

Congratulations sir! Welcome to the chase!

Comment

Working...
                              X