Removing scratches in windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing scratches in windshield

The wiper blades on my wifes jeep compass wore out and the plastic housing that holds the rubber blade made contact with the windshield. There are two distinct scratch lines in an arc shape that go across the passenger side. Is there any remedy to remove or reduce their appearance?

There are several products online that can be purchased. Some are for windshields in aircraft. Simple cleaning, compound buff, and clean again. It will never be perfect again. But, I see you're an Aggie and OK with that!!!

Comment

I've used a product that did it on my shower glass where my son's bath chair scratched the glass pretty deep. I can't remember where I got it but it contains cerium oxide which is a strong enough grit to actually "sand" the glass. I used my car polisher wheel and worked on it for a good while before I finally got it level. I could not have done it by hand...

Comment

Windshield Maintenance

The windshield repairhas cost us a lot in terms of maintenance.

Comment

Per recommendation on here we used a product called "bartenders friend" or something like that before and it worked. Home depot sells it in their cleaning supplies section

Comment

Working...
          X