• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers

Comment

Prayers up and glad she is ok.

Comment

Glad she’s ok dude, that’s crazy. Did y’all find the owner of the pony? I’m sure he needs to be responsible for the damages.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

You only want to experience a air bag going off once. They hurt bad. The seat belt brused my chest for 10 days.

Glad she walked away.....................

Comment

Dude!! How far from the casa?? I'm assuming close??

Was this the same critter they were trying to catch when we were visiting??

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                Glad she’s ok dude, that’s crazy. Did y’all find the owner of the pony? I’m sure he needs to be responsible for the damages.
                No one has claimed the pony yet. I doubt we'll find out who the owner is.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Dude!! How far from the casa?? I'm assuming close??

Was this the same critter they were trying to catch when we were visiting??
                  Yes sir Paul it was close by, but I don't think it was the same critter that we saw.

She was about two minutes away from the house. After she hit she called me with a shaky voice. I threw the girls in the truck (no shoes or socks, just jackets) and headed her way.

PD got there a little after I got there and directed traffic while I moved my wife's car out of the road, and dragged the pony off to the side. By that time the girls sensed something was up (police lights and mommy teary eyed) and started getting emotional.

We moved my wife's stuff into my truck and grabbed whatever was left of our Whataburger dinner that she had just picked up and headed home.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                    No one has claimed the pony yet. I doubt we'll find out who the owner is.
                    If they have ag insurance they are covered in just this kind of situation. So if they're honest people they will come forward.

My grand mother had 3 horses get out. Several people were trying to round them up but they headed down the driveway to a main road. As soon as they hit the road 2 were hit immediately. One hit a car similar to your wife's car, but luckily the horse was tall enough the car took out the legs and it rolled over the roof. Would have killed the lady had she been going slower or braked. She never saw them coming. 2nd horse was clipped with dually. Luckily my uncle was home from work and was able to put them down immediately. 3rd was rounded up later, but ag insurance covered everything.

Comment

I knew a guy that hit a cow on a farm to market road. The police said it was free range. I’ve always assumed all fm roads were free range since then. Idk if this would apply to your situation.

Comment

Glad she is okay. After saving the daughters bacon years ago in a head on the only decision my wife has to make is which Toyota she is replacing her old one with!!! prayers sent.

Comment

Wow! Hope she’s not too sore

Comment

Glad she was ok.

I was driving in South Africa back in 2019. All the livestock really is free range. Cows and goats mostly. I'm sure, you hit a goat, you get to pay the farmer for it.

There was a group of cows crossing a two lane road and I had slowed way down. A car comes hauling butt drops right and suddenly realizes why I was going so slow. I quickly get scared his only options are hit a cow or hit me. He successfully puts it in soft sand and doesn't hit anything. He stayed well behind me for awhile after that.

Comment

OP, glad your wife is okay!

I know it is of little reconciliation, but my wife crashed her rav4 (Looks identifal to your wifes) about two months ago. The ins totaled it, even though there was less than 4k in damage. My wife got about 3k more than it was worth. More than 12k. I hope you have the same luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                                I knew a guy that hit a cow on a farm to market road. The police said it was free range. I’ve always assumed all fm roads were free range since then. Idk if this would apply to your situation.
                                Yep. I hit a horse about 23 years ago on a F.M. road outside of Wylie, TX at 330am going duck hunting and was told that farm animals have the right of way. Wreck was "my fault". But, owner showed up and did the right thing. He paid my insurance deductible to get my truck fixed. I saw the horse coming and tried to miss it. It ran into the side of the truck with its head hitting the windshield. It lived, I wasnt hurt.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X