Best UTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best UTV

Looking to buy a new utv, was wondering which one is the best as far as being reliable. It will be use for ranch work as well as hunting. Needs to be a 4 seater. Obviously want to keep the price down, but will pay more for a good machine that will last & not have a bunch of issues.
    I’ve heard good things about can-am & mules.. seems Polaris is either a hit or miss from what I’ve been reading. But I don’t have any first hand experience with any of them. Also if there are any good dealers that you know of that you could suggest. Don’t mind driving a few hours for the right deal. I’m in the midland/San Angelo area. Thanks for any help!

Mule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've ridden a bunch of them and my buddies new mule pro fxt is the quietest and smoothest riding one I've been on.

Comment

I can only speak of polaris. I never had any major issues with my 570 fs crew. My best friend has a 2008 fs 800 that has been excellent too. I just bought a 2011 800 from Justin on here. They all can have issues. The polaris had best suspension travel and excellent awd for me. My brother has a brand new 1000xp crew that is very nice. Polaris my vote. We don't dog or mud these machines either.

Comment

I went to one of these last year, no more dust, cold, wind or rain. AC during bow season and heat in the winter. Will never go back to a side-by-side. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=793045

Comment

Can Am

Comment

CanAm seems to the be the most reliable right now. Polaris are great if you like replacing axles.

Comment

Lol Honda pioneer 1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most people want fast and quiet, but if reliable and longevity is the concern, then a Kubota. The new 1120 with the independent rear suspension. It has 20%more horsepower than the older ones, has a tractor diesel engine and hydrostatic drive, no belt.

Comment

I have owned Polaris, Kawasaki, and Yamaha.

I like my Yamaha the best. Power and dependability.
                    The Kawasaki has been dependable.

Polaris was crap and is no longer around.

Comment

Can Am. Have one and love it

Comment

I'm going to be the Can Am dissenter. I have a 2020 HD 10 that has been in the shop x3 since purchasing it 6 months ago. I was going to sell it but I think they may have finally excised all the demons. Have had 2 mules...NEVER issues with them. Have had 3 Yamaha ATVs...NEVER issues with them. Have had 2 Honda ATVs...NEVER issues with them.

I've never owned a Polaris product so I cannot speak to them but hear many horror stories.

Based solely on my personal experience. I would recommend Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki.

Comment

I have a Polaris now, but I will be trading it in after deer season on a Cam-Am. Nothing wrong with my Ranger, just wish I had bought a crew first go round. But I got to drive a Can-Am and that is my next buggy.

Comment

I have a 2020 XP 1000 Texas Edition Crew and love it. It's better than anything I've been in. The NBS Rangers are a big improvement and I was a anti-polaris.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              I have owned Polaris, Kawasaki, and Yamaha.

I like my Yamaha the best. Power and dependability.
                              The Kawasaki has been dependable.

Polaris was crap and is no longer around.
                              I looked at a Yamaha and liked them but it doesn’t have the payload/towing I need.

Comment

Working...
                              X