Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Bugler to play Taps (preferably a Marine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Bugler to play Taps (preferably a Marine)

...My stepbrother just asked to reach out and see if anyone had a lead on someone to play Taps at a funeral Friday morning in Ft. Worth. His FIL passed this morning. I won't put out any names on the forum but the guy who passed is one of the wealthiest guys in the country and was a former Marine. The family wants Taps played and are willing to pay whatever it takes to make it happen. They'll pay to fly someone in if that is what is required.

Military does it for free for Vets and gives the family a flag.

Comment

Check with a local VFW.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
        Military does it for free for Vets and gives the family a flag.
        They will provide the honor guard but they play a recording as of this morning.

Comment

The taps played at the military funerals I’ve been at were recordings. Should be able to find a jarhead on line. Pearly Gates are guarded by U S Marines! Ooooorah!

Comment

The Lexington American Legion has an honor guard for our local funerals and they have a bugle that is the megaphone. They hold it to their mouth and push a button. I think the majority of your American Legion Posts or VFW's will have similar.

Comment

That must be new that they play a recording-both of my grandparents are in the veterans cemetery in Abilene and the base sent an honor guard and trumpet for both- or maybe because it was a veterans cemetery and so close to a base..... I still get chills thinking about it.

Good luck! If your not having any luck I bet one of the local high schools or colleges rotc programs or bands could help.

Comment

Give these folks a holler. Time may be tight though.

Comment

You have a PM

Comment

That’s what America legion did at f I l,s funeral. I thought it stunk but, at least taps were played.

Comment

Call the folks at the national cemetery at Ft. Sam Houston (Joint Base San Antonio). Taps is played by Marine Corp buglers. Honor Guard is USMC as well, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X