Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
    any fitting shotgun and have her shoot these

They kill huge, delta waterfowl did an article about it the other day, we have had great luck with them.

But being 2-3/4 makes it way less loud, easy to get back on target and very dead ducks

We use them 3 inch 3/5 mix for ducks and geese

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Guess some of you folks didn't read the Op's post very well. He's looking for advise on a 12ga. His daughter already has and shoots a 20ga. And he's wanting to get her a 12 that handles/reduces recoil well.

And that is why I recommend one of the "Kick-off" stocks of the Beretta line. It absorbs/reduces a lot of recoil.

He's gonna have to spend $1500 to get a kickoff gun in the A400.... The cheaper Berettas like the A300 don't have it. Not many folks want to spend that on a kids gun so most folks are recommending the more economical Berettas just in case. They only come in a 12. I only see a couple of folks that say stick with the 20....I was one but I can guarantee you I read the whole post and made a 12 ga suggestion afterwards. I actually prefer a 20 over a 12 for it all but that's just me.

Comment

I'm with Texas Grown, based on OP question I'm in the
        A400 kick off group. Budgets change a the goal posts after that

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          He's gonna have to spend $1500 to get a kickoff gun in the A400.... The cheaper Berettas like the A300 don't have it. Not many folks want to spend that on a kids gun so most folks are recommending the more economical Berettas just in case. They only come in a 12. I only see a couple of folks that say stick with the 20....I was one but I can guarantee you I read the whole post and made a 12 ga suggestion afterwards. I actually prefer a 20 over a 12 for it all but that's just me.
          Yes sir. I did notice you did make a rec on a 12 . You are one of a kind my brother.

They have 3 differnt recoil reduction systems. The original was at the butt. The another is at the comb drop. The latest is newer tech.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-02-2021, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I’ll say this and I’m not saying it to create a p-ck-r measurement contest. I have 3 A400’s. 2 with the Kick -Off. My boy likes the A300 better. I think the A300 has the same gas system as the 390/391.

When my boy decided he wanted to get serious about clays I bought him the A300. I figured he could shoot it for a year and we could step up. When he starting shooting 98-100 every round I bought him a 400.

He shot it for about 3 shoots and went back to the 300. In my opinion the A300 is the best value shotgun a man can buy. We shoot thousands of rounds every year and they go bang every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              I’ll say this and I’m not saying it to create a p-ck-r measurement contest. I have 3 A400’s. 2 with the Kick -Off. My boy likes the A300 better. I think the A300 has the same gas system as the 390/391.

When my boy decided he wanted to get serious about clays I bought him the A300. I figured he could shoot it for a year and we could step up. When he starting shooting 98-100 every round I bought him a 400.

He shot it for about 3 shoots and went back to the 300. In my opinion the A300 is the best value shotgun a man can buy. We shoot thousands of rounds every year and they go bang every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good info. It’s all about fit, feel and preferences ..

Comment

As stated earlier I also feel the Benelli has a slimmer feel to it, I like to forend of the Benelli better than my beretta but I'm happy with my Explor Unico but lots of smack being talked by my nephew and his Benelli. I love my wife's Benelli ultra light, much less weight when pheasant hunting, it feels like a toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Coach Eddy, if yall were closer, I'd certainly let yall try mine out.
                  Thank you.

A lot of good information shared.

Definitely going to look more into the “kick-off” system from Beretta.

I think shooting a few will help. I’ve reached out to her boyfriend to see if some of his duck hunting buddies will let her try a few.

Was trying to keep this a surprise for her.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Uncle Si, is dat you ?

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    I find zero need for a 12ga on ducks, 20ga is definitely better handling
                    If you can find a 16ga she can handle I would look in that direction

Comment

Coach eddy, I put one of those Limbsaver Airtechs on a sawed off Single shot and if it makes that feel like a 20, then you should be good to go coupling it with any other recoil reduction system

Comment

My Remington 1100 12 gauge kicks less than my 20 gauge O/U...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                          Coach eddy, I put one of those Limbsaver Airtechs on a sawed off Single shot and if it makes that feel like a 20, then you should be good to go coupling it with any other recoil reduction system

He also has to be worried about increasing the LOP adding something like that ....especially for a female who probably will need it shortened in the first place.

Comment

If you're looking at an A400, check and see if you can find the Parallel Target RL(reduced length). They are more known for fitting female shooters compared to the sporting model. They have a little higher comb and a stepped rib. The length of pull is less on the RL stock than the standard stock. I'm not saying it will definitely be the best fit for your daughter but it very well may be. A lot of people don't know about the parallel target models so I just wanted to put it out there.

Dave

Comment

Keep in mind if you decide on the kick off system (which IMO is a waste of extra money) that will limit the chance to have the stock cut. Not to mention not every shotgun smith will willingly cut a beretta stock in the first place due to how hollow they are. And I believe voids warranty on the K/O system

IF thats the route you go, look up this guy. I sent a 400 xcel to him for a comb and had it back in a week. He will cut a beretta. I can think of 6 people who sent other guns of various brands that have had the same experience.

Custom shotgun stockworks, four way adjustable combs, comb duplicates, stock positioning system, kickeez pads, GraCoil, recoil reducer, BREAKO, hull deflector

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Keep in mind if you decide on the kick off system (which IMO is a waste of extra money) that will limit the chance to have the stock cut. Not to mention not every shotgun smith will willingly cut a beretta stock in the first place due to how hollow they are. And I believe voids warranty on the K/O system

IF thats the route you go, look up this guy. I sent a 400 xcel to him for a comb and had it back in a week. He will cut a beretta. I can think of 6 people who sent other guns of various brands that have had the same experience.

https://tronspace.com/
                                Yes on the waste of money. I do NOT recommend the kickoff system. There are much better systems out there if you want a recoil reducer.

Comment

Working...
                                X