6.0 Excursion Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
    For 12k I would have put a Cummins in it.
    Did one of them it was my sons 2006 6.0, had a thread on it a few weeks ago. Runs great

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      Did one of them it was my sons 2006 6.0, had a thread on it a few weeks ago. Runs great
      I remember the thread. Didn't know that was you.

The resale on a Fummins is great too.

Comment

Hard to find these. Jump on it

Comment

Originally posted by devingreer View Post
          Hard to find these. Jump on it
          There is no in between on these things. Everybody is either run for the hills or buy it 1000x!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

6.0 Excursion Questions

The question is how do you confirm the actual “bulletproof” was done. The 6.0 with all the work done is a dang good motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not enough money in China to get me to take, not buy ANY 6.0 Ford Diesel. Just saying!

I do not care if it is babied or bullet proofed, it is a POS motor.
              Last edited by Mudslinger; 12-30-2020, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Loved my 6.0 Ford Diesel. Bought a new 2004 Ford F-350 with a 6.0. I drove the snot out of it. I never had one issue or problem with it. I put 365,000 miles on it before selling it to one of my friends. Of course I did maintenance on it by the book. Changed fuel filters regularly. Oil and filter every 7,500 miles. I did not bulletproof it. I drove it hard pulling loads. He has had it for three years and has put another 85,000 miles on it and has just now replaced the injectors. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Comment

Decided against. Was only interested because it was a deal through a friend. But it's too much of a toy and I'm not wanting to risk issues in a vehicle I have to depend on as a daily for my kids and getting to work.

Thanks for all the info though. Hopefully somebody else will find this thread in the future and it helps others.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

There’s a reason Ford stopped making the excursion

Comment

Run. Run like the wind from it. I bought brand new 05 f250 Harley Davidson. Loved the truck. Loved it too much. It has the 6.0. Paid 44k and change for it. It was always in the shop. Ok until warranty expired. After warranty I replaced engine cause they couldn’t find out what was wrong. On the second engine, it went down. Long story. Had diesel 6.0 guru Gunter to do a complete overhaul. Which was essentially refurbished engine. Then it went out again. Sold that POS for $3k ad it stood. Took a complete lube job on it. Total I spent well over $94k and that’s not including usual maintenance etc. that was just the break downs etc. that does not include the suffering I took for driving an old minivan around for the three months that Ford took to replace the first engine. There is no way in hell I will ever buy a Ford. You can’t give me one.

Comment

Oh. And Gunter bullet proofed it. I thought awesome. Prob were cause I never stepped up to bullet proof. Wrong. It’s a piece. Glad you didn’t buy it.

Comment

the 6.0 is a solid engine, I have an '06 with 82K on it with no serious problems.

Comment

I have an Excursion as a DD. Great rig. 166k V10 4x4.

With that being said, I am NOT a fan of the 6.0, bulletproofed or not. If you would like an Excursion I would recommend a V10 or 7.3.

PM me if you have any Excursion questions, I feel like a pro nowadays lol

Comment

The 6.0 is probably the worst engine ford ever put in their trucks. I had one and that thing **** near broke me before I got rid of it. Always in the shop for one thing or another. No way in hell would I ever buy one again.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                The 6.0 is probably the worst engine ford ever put in their trucks. I had one and that thing **** near broke me before I got rid of it. Always in the shop for one thing or another. No way in hell would I ever buy one again.

I disagree. The 6.4 is the biggest piece of **** they put out. The 6.0s were hit or miss. My dads 06 is still going strong with about 175k on it but not all we’re that lucky obviously.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Working...
                                X