Question for the fishermen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a new piece of property and it has a 2 acre pond on it. It is muddy though, not clear. Going this weekend, what should I use to try to catch some bass, if it has any? Worm? Rattle trap? Other? Also, color recommended please.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I would personally go get some live worms or minnows to determine what all you have in there first...and then circle back around with lures. Just my 2cents.

Comment

If it hasn't been fished much, then probably anything would work.
      Personally I would be throwing a darker colored worm, craw, or a black jig with a craw trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        I bought a new piece of property and it has a 2 acre pond on it. It is muddy though, not clear. Going this weekend, what should I use to try to catch some bass, if it has any? Worm? Rattle trap? Other? Also, color recommended please.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
        Spinner bait might not be bad either, especially if you have vegetation, stumps or lay downs.

Comment

This time of year absolutely throw a frog.

Comment

We have a small pond on our place that stays pretty murky and dark worms work the best with small spinners next.

Comment

Chatter bait, motor oil color or Rattle trap. If you go with spinner bait throw one with willow blades.

Comment

Try to find some H&H spinner baits. Single blade in white or chartreuse and black. Will catch anything in a pond. 2nd would be a small plastic swim bait storm or berkly brand about 1.5 inches long. 3rd small white 1/4 ounce buzzbait

Comment

beetle spin - white with red dot or black with yellow stripes

you're welcome

Comment

Small black and chartreuse spinner bait, beetle spin, rooster tail, one of those little crank baits that looks like a grasshopper, or a green lizard.

If they don’t eat one of them, they ain’t in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tx Rigged Green Pumpkin lizard, square bill crank bait, or swimbait, Also cant go wrong with a Mepps rooster tail or spinnerbait

Comment

I bet a frog would attract some bites.

Comment

Plastic worms or lizard, red shad, pumpkin seed or black and Chartreuse. In the morning I’d chunk a small top water. Call me old fashion but I like a Pop R for stock tanks.

Comment

Dark color brush hog for muddy ponds.. Black w/ blue or red flake
                            Small dark colored spinner bait
                            I wouldn't be a fan of a frog in a muddy pond. My guess is that it doesn't have much vegetation if its muddy, so if I was to throw a topwater it would be a pop R or something like that.

Comment

Moving baits. Try and get a reaction bite.

Comment

Working...
                              X