Deer camp meals for 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer camp meals for 1

When you get to the deer camp and find out its only you, what meals do you prepare?

Got a hunt planned and think we're gonna worry about meals for ourselves.

For dinner I'm thinking I plus up a meal or two before the hunt. Freeze it and warm up.

Breakfast and lunch, well in the 0'dark thirty hour, grab and go. Come back to camp later and fix eggs, bacon, and biscuits. Take nap.

Lunch - sandwich

Afternoon hunt, go out and enjoy.

Dinner come back and heat up what i brought.

On the last day, I'm thinking grill a steak, potatoes, and fix a garden salad. Will probably get a premade salad from HEB

Hunting public and camping on an Army Corp camp site with eclectic and water.

What ideas do ya'll have?

sandwich platter from HEB, bag it up

Comment

I always take, frozen prepared food. Heat it and eat. I go to bed at 10 PM latest everybody else like to stay up and eat late.

Comment

Sausage wraps and beans, either pintos black or Bush beans

Bacon egg or sausage egg tacos for breakfast

Typically don’t do lunch since breakfast is late, if we do it’s more sausage wraps

Always gotta have steak and potatoes for Saturday night

Comment

When I hunted in San Angelo I would stop at Coopers in Junction and buy brisket and sides for a couple days. Usually kept me full and happy.

Comment

If I know I’ll be alone in camp I usually make some chili and stew at home put it in ziplocks and freeze it till I leave. That’s usually my diner or lunch. Cold cuts for sandwiches. For breakfast I’ll just get some microwave sausage egg biscuits or spam and I’m good to go for a few days.

Comment

Use your imagination and make up a Sob story why you couldn't bring your own food. Like it got stolen out of your truck when you went inside the gas station and didn't notice until you got there.
              The others will feel bad and you will be eating high on the hog all weekend with all their food. Make sure you tell them you had beer for everyone and they stole that too.

Comment

Sausage and beans or another side. Always pretty simple.

Comment

Chinese buffet in town since I’m solo and nobody I know will judge me on how much I destroy. Then regret it deeply shortly after the feeder goes off lol.

Kind bars. Snacks. Sausage and tortilla. Or just not eat much which I’m bad about when I’m at the ranch.

Comment

I usually cook extra meals the week before and choose what I want to take. Portion it out and vacuum seal the portions. Boil in a bag to warm so no need to scrub the pot after. My favorites are spaghetti and roast with potatoes. Those home cooked meals taste way better after a long day of hunting.

Can’t go wrong with steak too.

Comment

I hunt alone every time I go to camp. For a weekend I usually have a t bone one night, hamburgers a night and maybe fried fish. I don’t eat early I eat after morning hunt and it’s eggs and sausage

Comment

Steak.

Comment

^^^^ Yep if I'm alone I still grill every day. Usually lunch and dinner, only less.

Comment

Hot link and a tortilla

Comment

Pizza rolls, beenie weenies and vienna sausage...and beer

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X