My turn with covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My turn with covid

Guess it's my turn. I tested positive today. For those who like the case studies, here is the background.

I developed a sinus infection Labor Day weekend. Been trying to shake it since then. Friday night I had some fever and stomach issues. Saturday I was really tired all day and had a short bit of fever again. Due to the fever, I went to an urgent care today for some treatment of the infection. Tested for covid and came back positive. Doc said no way to know if I had covid all along or had the sinus infection and then got covid on top of it.

My wife had a sinus infection going on the week before labor day, felt better, and has been dealing with some mild issues since. Pretty certain if I'm positive, she is as well, but she doesnt plan to get tested at this point. (works from home already).

Treatment thus far. Been on the following daily since last year, 2000mg C, 4000IU D3, 20mg zinc, multivitamin. Added 50 mg of zinc this evening and another 4000IU D3. Was finally able to find a tube of ivermectin at TSC in Gainesville today. Took 250 lb dose. I can't seem to find the right threads with active infection ivermectin protocols, so if someone has a link it would be appreciated.

Doc today gave me a double steroid shot to help with inflammation. Wouldn't prescribe anything else. Did talk about antibodies infusion, but recommended I consult my primary doc about it. Plan to call my doc's office in the morning. Will post up what he says.

So far no loss of taste or smell and no severe symptoms. Fingers crossed and prayers for good outcomes for the wife and I.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hope you have a mild case.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      Guess it's my turn. I tested positive today. For those who like the case studies, here is the background.

I developed a sinus infection Labor Day weekend. Been trying to shake it since then. Friday night I had some fever and stomach issues. Saturday I was really tired all day and had a short bit of fever again. Due to the fever, I went to an urgent care today for some treatment of the infection. Tested for covid and came back positive. Doc said no way to know if I had covid all along or had the sinus infection and then got covid on top of it.

My wife had a sinus infection going on the week before labor day, felt better, and has been dealing with some mild issues since. Pretty certain if I'm positive, she is as well, but she doesnt plan to get tested at this point. (works from home already).

Treatment thus far. Been on the following daily since last year, 2000mg C, 4000IU D3, 20mg zinc, multivitamin. Added 50 mg of zinc this evening and another 4000IU D3. Was finally able to find a tube of ivermectin at TSC in Gainesville today. Took 250 lb dose. I can't seem to find the right threads with active infection ivermectin protocols, so if someone has a link it would be appreciated.

Doc today gave me a double steroid shot to help with inflammation. Wouldn't prescribe anything else. Did talk about antibodies infusion, but recommended I consult my primary doc about it. Plan to call my doc's office in the morning. Will post up what he says.

So far no loss of taste or smell and no severe symptoms. Fingers crossed and prayers for good outcomes for the wife and I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take the 250 pound dose once a day for at least 5 days

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Thanks for posting that!

Comment

Got a call from my 74 yr old mom today. She went to urgent care to get something to clear up sinus issues from past two weeks. Tested positive. Her doc was pretty positive, based on her symptom timeline, that she's at the end of her 10 days since onset. In fact, doc said she was fine to go ahead and fly on a planned trip this Friday. Mom is fully vaxed and only felt slightly bad last week. We were all together labor day weekend in my camper and I've stayed away since due to my sinus issues, just in case. So, if the covid is linked my wife and I should hopefully be on the backside ourselves. Neither of us have had symptoms beyond what we usually get with a sinus infection. I feel fine today and slept better last night than I have in weeks.

Comment

I think the Ivermectin protocol above is out dated. Check here: https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/

Comment

You can't find them because all the threads got moved to PACE forum. Clock's ticking on the antibodies infusion, you have 10 days from start of symptoms. This guy will fix you up immediately, he took care of us on a Sunday and is very responsive.
                Direct Care of Texas...Your Doctor. Your Way. Telemedicine throughout Texas - Housecalls in San Antonio. Convenient. Confidential. COVID-Safe Care.

Comment

Stay strong man.

Comment

Did I miss it? Did you received the immunization prior to this?

Comment

Get a Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor from amazon it's about $20. That's the key, if your oxygen starts dropping or is low your in trouble.

Comment

Tagged....I hope you get to feeling better.

Comment

hopefully you are on the downside, your symptoms sound very similar to mine

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                            I think the Ivermectin protocol above is out dated. Check here: https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/
                            Thanks for that link Casey. That's what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                              Did I miss it? Did you received the immunization prior to this?
                              I didn't even mention it earlier. Didn't want another vax antivax discussion. Neither my wife or I are vaxed. We were discussing the possibility of going ahead and getting the vax, although still pretty hesitant. But it's a non-discussion for now it seems.

Comment

Working...
                              X