Vehicle Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Sales

So my wife and I are now in the market for a vehicle after we took her 2017 Explorer in for repairs only to find out we may need a new engine which stinks because it has less than 100k miles. We would definitely like to get a larger SUV like a suburban or expedition max but need some professional pointers as we got taken to the cleaners the last time we bought a vehicle.. Trying to decide if we just replace the engine or trade it in also.

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
    So my wife and I are now in the market for a vehicle after we took her 2017 Explorer in for repairs only to find out we may need a new engine which stinks because it has less than 100k miles. We would definitely like to get a larger SUV like a suburban or expedition max but need some professional pointers as we got taken to the cleaners the last time we bought a vehicle.. Trying to decide if we just replace the engine or trade it in also.

Things are way different now than they were. I would tell you to get an idea of what you want and are willing to pay final price and get your financing taken care of before you go. That way they can’t finagle the numbers. You’ll know your interest rate and payment terms ahead of time preventing them from doing it. I’d give them a chance to beat whatever interest rate you get from bank or credit union but have it all done before hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Replace engine. We are in kia optima with 165,000 miles

Comment

Car prices are silly right now. I'd replace the engine. We bought a 2019 Yukon XL a year ago. Put on 20k miles and trade in on it now is $7000 more than we bought it for according to KBB. Crazy.

Comment

I agree to have financing ready before you buy, BUT I wouldn't tell them that though. I believe that they are less likely to haggle on sales price if there is a chance they miss out on money to be made from the financing. You can refinance the vehicle the very next day through you chosen bank, credit union etc.

I hope you find the vehicle you want for the price you want, but given the current supply or lack there, I do not envy you..

Comment

Originally posted by chadt1234 View Post
            Car prices are silly right now. I'd replace the engine. We bought a 2019 Yukon XL a year ago. Put on 20k miles and trade in on it now is $7000 more than we bought it for according to KBB. Crazy.
            Totally believable, and yes it’s crazy.

There was another thread that popped up a few weeks ago about buying now and basically, I honestly can’t remember a worse time. In that thread, I mentioned that the wife and I bought our daughter a 2016 Laramie Longhorn Ram 4x4 crew cab. The truck had a little over 91k when we bought it on the very back end of the IcePacolypse in this area, February 18 to be exact.

I priced it out after the thread I mentioned above from a few weeks ago. And that time, the truck we bought for her had a bottom end trade in value of what we paid for it, give or take literally a few dollars. Not a few hundred dollars, literally under a hundred and again, that was the bottom end of the trade value when it had roughly 4500 more miles on it than when we brought it home.

Out of curiosity, I decided to check it again this weekend. The very bottom estimated trade value of that truck, now with over 5k more miles than when we bought it, if over $600 more than we gave for it. Save for a small dent in the rear bumper, the truck is perfect. The middle range for a private party sale is scaring the crap out of 7k more than we gave for it less than 4 months ago. I’d hate to see what a dealership would want.

Have a new engine with a good warranty put into the Explorer and ride it out a year or so.

Comment

Working...
            X