No announcement yet.

Dad Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember telling my kid who was running around with his buddies all day I'd be home by 2 and boat rolling by 230.

I passed him and his buddies about 2 miles from the house and waved. I went fishin

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Buck in the pics gets an arrow…

Aint no guarantees in life or hunting

Comment

If y’all have the same target buck then shoot

Comment

he who hesitates, master...

use it as a life lesson.

Comment

I had a similar situation with my son. He chose to sleep in for the morning though as opposed to playing with buddies. I told him if he stepped in front of me, that I would put an arrow in him since he put sleep before hunting. His buck came in and I just couldn't do it. I made sure to let him know I I wouldn't pass him a 2nd time. He was out there that afternoon and got done.

Comment

Let him shoot a doe first. If he’s not interested in hunting that deer now, he may not be interested in hunting ANY deer later if that ends up being his first. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                Let him shoot a doe first. If he’s not interested in hunting that deer now, he may not be interested in hunting ANY deer later if that ends up being his first. Good luck!
                I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Last thing you want to do is turn them away from hunting with you. Pass. It’s just a deer. Let em kill em when they can.
                  I totally agree! I have 2 adult sons that don't hunt because I was selfish when they were young. Gotta hunt for the kids if you want them to be hunters!

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I would not take the buck on this hunt but it doesn’t seem as though he’s into it. I wouldn’t let it pass all season though.

Comment

Well my lil buddy got a pass tonight. Nothing came out. Thanks for the guidance buddies. I have something’s to mull over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JohnAGarrett View Post
                        If your 13 yo son/daughter had picked out a nice buck and was planning to go hunting with you this afternoon but bailed to hang out with buddies and the target buck walked in while you were hunting solo….would you shoot or save? This could be his first deer period. See buck in pic below

100% pass

Comment

I'll give him/her a pass this time. Show him/her the pic and let them know that there won't be any more passes.

Comment

Pictures of the deer and let it walk, id be more excited for him to shoot it anyways. Id just use it as an opportunity to try and get them more motivated to hunt ad go try to kill it.

Comment

I would let it walk.

Comment

I have drilled him. In our household choices have consequences. If you want something you earn it.

Comment

Working...
                                X