Business Owners and Constitutional Carry Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Owners and Constitutional Carry Law

Im just curious how other business owners feel about the new Constitutional Carry Law that’s taking affect next week and the pros and cons that come with it. Now let me be on record saying that I always feel warm and fuzzy when I know that we have gun carrying patrons in our place adding that extra protection on top of our own should we need it. Same with police cars in the parking lot. It gives everyone in the place a sense of security. My concern is that will we become so complacent seeing the number of patrons openly carrying that we won’t recognize a bad actor walking in the door doing the same thing. At closing time we are always suspicious of to go orders picked up at closing time when the place is empty and I’m always on guard. I’m just concerned now that someone entering the building late openly carrying will be unjustly considered having ill intentions instead of just wanting to get fed. Your thoughts? Am I over analyzing ?

Can you place 30.06 or 30.07 signs in your business. If you are at a higher risk, do what you need to do to feel safe.

Comment

I’m not worried about it, I’ve still not seen a person open carry since its been legal.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
        I’m not worried about it, I’ve still not seen a person open carry since its been legal.
        Probably because it ain't legal

Comment

We don’t have a store front. I have always told
          Our guys I didn’t have the right to tell them they couldn’t defend themselves. Loose a customer because you had a gun on their property and your rights may not save your job though. I don’t think it will matter a bit to us

Comment

G Man, I don't get your concern. The bad guy ain't gonna care about your sign. The bad guys will probably be a little more nervous when constitutional carry is legal. It's all good.

Comment

Bad actors don't care about any sign. And bad actors never carry openly. And if bad actors come in your place and several people are openly carrying, they will leave. I went into my bank the other day, and asked, rather jokingly, if I could start carrying my pistol in there openly. The lady replied, "Why yes, if you aren't going to rob us, and if you were, you wouldn't ask". Signs are stupid, and likely let the real bad guys know that there is no opposition inside a particular place.

Comment

I’m going to say it yet again…
                Get to the range and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.
                I know AMMO is high but your life is worth much more.
                When you can put 100% of the rounds where you want them without aiming you will not worry anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  It has been legal for some time for ltc holders.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    It has been legal for some time for ltc holders.
                    I thought so but wasn't sure.

Comment

Say what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                        Bad actors don't care about any sign. And bad actors never carry openly. And if bad actors come in your place and several people are openly carrying, they will leave. I went into my bank the other day, and asked, rather jokingly, if I could start carrying my pistol in there openly. The lady replied, "Why yes, if you aren't going to rob us, and if you were, you wouldn't ask". Signs are stupid, and likely let the real bad guys know that there is no opposition inside a particular place.
                        Regardless if you think signs are stupid and think they don't work. If the man doesn't want people open carrying in his business he can post them up.

If he doesn't care for the open carry, then either the person is stupid and can't read, or looking for trouble.

I agree with you, it's just a sign. But does help weed out what he's not wanting in his business.

Comment

I appreciate y’all’s thoughts on the matter guys. Thanks. Like I said earlier I’m probably over analyzing.

Comment

Don’t see where there’s much you can do about it. Only those who are legally allowed to own a firearm can legally carry. Those that aren’t are going to carry regardless of what the law says.
                            About the best you can do is post a “no guns allowed” sign. That legally prohibits constitutional carry but not the LTC folks from carrying. That way you’re back where you started.
                            But, criminals are criminals and nothing is going to stop them short of a bullet or three.
                            I don’t really think we’re going to see much difference in then and now. We’ll see.

Stay vigilant.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X