Ring Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring Recommendation

I’m looking for recommendations on which scope rings to purchase. I just picked up a ZEISS Conquest V4 6-24X50 for my APR TBH build in 6.5 PRC. What recommendations do you all have?

Hawkins
    ARC
    Nightforce
    Seekins

In that order. Very scientific. Personal preference

Comment

Leupold VX6's with Nightforce rings on both of my TBH guns.

Comment

On my 6.5 PRC APR build from last year's TBH deal, I put a Conquest V4 4-16x50 on top of it with the Nightforce low 0.885" rings. Here's a picture to help show the clearance. The barrel is a sendero contour.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have the same scope you just got for my APR and I called APR the other day and asked them what rings I should get. They told me Vortex Pro 30mm medium height, they are $60 for the set online everywhere. I was looking at getting the Zeiss ultalight rings but they are $180 a set. Haven't ordered anything yet but for the price and what was recommended by APR I'll probably get the Vortex and save the extra $120.

Comment

Hawkins gets my vote!

Comment

I have gradually started weaning myself away from 2 piece rings and using one piece bases. No need to lap one piece ring mounts since they are CNC line bored for the diameter of the scope. I like the Burris AR-P.E.P.R. quick detach bases especially for the AR guns. They also work well for my bolt guns with PIC rail bases. Here are some choices I usually look at to fit my application. https://keystohunting.com/best-one-piece-scope-mounts/

Comment

Nightforce ultralight
                Hawkins
                Leupold makes nice rings to, don't count those out

And not saying anything bad about the cheaper rings, but why would you spend thousands of dollars on a custom/nice/expensive build, and then use a cheap set of rings to make it all come together.

Buy once cry once, you'll be happy that you did in thr long run.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                  Nightforce ultralight
                  Hawkins
                  Leupold makes nice rings to, don't count those out

And not saying anything bad about the cheaper rings, but why would you spend thousands of dollars on a custom/nice/expensive build, and then use a cheap set of rings to make it all come together.

Buy once cry once, you'll be happy that you did in thr long run.
                  True I hear what you're saying but why would APR recommend those rings for a rifle they just built me if they weren't good? Like I said I haven't ordered them yet but I like the Zeiss Ultralights better and know that if I go that route I won't have any regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksprings2017 View Post
                    True I hear what you're saying but why would APR recommend those rings for a rifle they just built me if they weren't good? Like I said I haven't ordered them yet but I like the Zeiss Ultralights better and know that if I go that route I won't have any regrets.
                    Good question, ask them. Might just be personal preference, price point,, looks,, material, weight? I mean we all have our opinions and preferences.
                    Like I said, they'd probably work fine. I just wouldn't skimp on a few dollars to rig your rifle out how you'd want it. After all, it's yours.

Comment

TPS also makes some very nice rings, especially in aluminum for light weight rigs.

Comment

American Rifle Co M10 are the best I've ever used and make mounting a breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Hawkins
                          ARC
                          Nightforce
                          Seekins

In that order. Very scientific. Personal preference
                          Anything in this list will work good for you. Vortex PMR rings are made by Seekins, so those are good to go also, but Seekins are generally a little cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksprings2017 View Post
                            Just because someone recommends something doesn’t make them the best. Everyone has their opinion for a reason.

The Zeiss are not worth that money. The ones I mentioned I would buy way before zeiss. Rings hold your high dollar optic on your high dollar rifle. Why skimp?

Comment

If you don’t second guess before hitting the buy now option they’re too cheap, try again till you get the proper results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X