To Do in San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikes Taco in Ocean Beach.
    Seal beach, Mission Beach , and Torre Pines are all nice areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go north to Camp Pendleton and see if I'm still banned from several of the enlisted clubs. Thanks.

Comment

Point Loma Seafood market for lunch, then go to the lighthouse on Point Loma. You will go by Rosecrans Cemetery where 1000’s of our brave heroes are buried. When you get to the top you will be able to look back over downtown San Diego and get some beautiful pictures. Then you can drive down to the tide pools.

Hotel Del as mentioned above. South of Hotel Del is where the Navy Seals train.

Miramar, where Top Gun was filmed is located on 15. You’ll see flights coming and going most of the time. Also Kansas City BBQ is where part of Top Gun was filmed. Pretty good q but ask for a pickle(sliced). Always ordered one when I had guest out to see the expression on their face when they ate a slice.

When in La Jolla go to the top of Mt Soledad where the huge white cross is. The views are spectacular.

For Mexican food go to El Indio think it’s off 5 and Washington st. Good groceries.

Rubios Fish Tacos was founded in Chula Vista, just south of San Diego, and now they are a chain taco shop. Good fish taco and lobster burritos.

North of Torrey pines on Hwy 1 is Del Mar racetrack.

There is so much to do out there and see. If you have time to play a round of golf the most affordable course is San Clemente public. You can see the ocean on every hole except for 3 of them. By the way, if the put looks like it will break away from the ocean because of the contour of the green, it won’t, breaks towards the ocean every time.

I have lived out there in Vista, Chula Vista, San Diego, Laguna Niguel and worked in San Clemente. There is so much more I could tell you about.

Have fun, and you’ll be glad to be back home, trust me.
        Last edited by Rotney; 08-02-2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I booked a weekend trip for 1 reason only; eat at "Ironside" in old Italy.

Seriously.

Comment

Marine Room in La Jolla. Right on the water and $$$.

Comment

Spent 3 hours on the USS Midway. Well worth it.
              Astros & zoo. So much good mex food. Could not afford to live there!

Comment

Try to go see a Marine Boot Camp Graduation ceremony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

8-1-21 am sure hes back now.

Comment

TJ

Comment

Originally posted by cashbuck View Post
                      Balboa Park, Mission/Pacific Beach, LaJolla Shores/Cove, Gaslamp Quarter
                      This. Get there early at La Jolla so you can park without having to walk forever. Also Old Town is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                        FYI the wild animal park is way better than the zoo.
                        ^This.

Plus go get lunch at Stone Brewery

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                          Marine Room in La Jolla. Right on the water and $$$.
                          Great place

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                            ^This.

Plus go get lunch at Stone Brewery
                            Stone Brewery another great place. They used to and might still have duck tacos that were gooood

Comment

Midway Museum and then a short walk down to the Fish Market/Top of the Market for dinner. Sit on the deck and watch the sun go down with a cold beverage.

Comment

Go to Little Italy while your there, great food.

Comment

Working...
                                X