Floating/tubing tips needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating/tubing tips needed

Taking my daughter and grandson fishing Saturday on Whitney, we are coming back thru Fredericksburg, then east. Never been floating/ tubing, any places or things to look for, or any other hill country type stuff that would appease a 7 year old? Thanks

San Marcos River

Put in at the lions club in San Marcos and use their shuttle.

Comment

Schlitterbahn Waterpark.

You can pack a cooler (no glass), sammies and it’s a fun time.
      One of the old parks slides runs into the river to float. Good times. I recommend the tubes with the mesh in the bottom. The rapids can sometimes be powerful to suck their little bodies thru the adult ones.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wanted to add that just outside of Whitney is Bosque Fun Lake/ Bosque Resort Waterpark.

Smaller but fun time and the restaurant has great food!

Comment

The Comal River float in New Braunfels is always a good time. We float the San Marcos river through Don’s Fish Camp the most.

Comment

Cave with out a name, near boerne
            Float the River in berghiem on hwy 46 east
            Enchanted rock in Fredericksburg
            Lots of tourists stuff in new braunfels

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
              Wanted to add that just outside of Whitney is Bosque Fun Lake/ Bosque Resort Waterpark.

Smaller but fun time and the restaurant has great food!

Thanks a bunch, will check out the one near Whitney, after we fish Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                Taking my daughter and grandson fishing Saturday on Whitney, we are coming back thru Fredericksburg, then east. Never been floating/ tubing, any places or things to look for, or any other hill country type stuff that would appease a 7 year old? Thanks
                What are you fishing for, it’s been several years since we’ve been on Whitney. I heard the water was up may check that on encore engineers Site. Post to catch have a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                  San Marcos River

10 years ago I would've given you 100 reasons why not to do this one.

I've grown to enjoy the simplicity of it.

For a easy float that won't take up an entire day this is a great one. You don't have to worry about them asking you what that funny smoke smell is or why does that lady have her top off either.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    10 years ago I would've given you 100 reasons why not to do this one.

I've grown to enjoy the simplicity of it.

For a easy float that won't take up an entire day this is a great one. You don't have to worry about them asking you what that funny smoke smell is or why does that lady have her top off either.
                    I feel the same way, we floated the San Marcos last week and it was really nice. Water was nice and cold and it only took about an hour. We used the Lyons club as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                      What are you fishing for, it’s been several years since we’ve been on Whitney. I heard the water was up may check that on encore engineers Site. Post to catch have a great time.
                      Water is just right! Got way up during the monsoon season tho!

Comment

Whitney

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                        We were going to fish Belton, but the guy I’m usin (Matt Baur) told me he hadn’t been having much luck on belton. He suggested Whitney or Lake Waco, both places he’s been catching lots of fish.

Comment

Whitney

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                          We were going to fish Belton, but the guy I’m usin (Matt Baur) told me he hadn’t been having much luck on belton. He suggested Whitney or Lake Waco, both places he’s been catching lots of fish.
                          Sorry, stripers

Comment

No help on the float trip(that san Marcus float sounds like the way to go)Whitney has been on fire lately for stripers.Good luck to y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                              San Marcos River

This right here! Don't have to worry about any BS.

Comment

Working...
                              X