Creede/Lake City Fishing Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creede/Lake City Fishing Report

Anyone been lately? Headed up there on the 25th for a few day to fish. I've been going there for the past 30 years off and on so know the area pretty well, just wondering what the flows are like and how the fishing has been. Will be all in between South Fork, Creede and Lake City. TIA

Headed Creede myself on the 25th for the first time in 12-13 years. Curious about this as well.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Just had a friend go. Said the fishing was good throwing spinners at the lake and did a guide walk in trip and was catching on dry flies

Comment

Maybe I’ll see y’all on a stream or two, we’re headed there on the 25th as well.

Comment

it is always good at Lake City!

Comment

Limited out at road canyon in 45 minutes. Reagan lake is producing as well.

Comment

We just got back. Caught some fish at Love, Road Canyon and Million. Threw everything from lures to flies. Had best luck on power bait and flies behind a cork.

Comment

We were up there two weeks ago. Seemed like the water was flowing a bit fast to fish, but the river was loaded with people.

I can see why people say the heck with it and go live there. Incredible country. Much to the dismay of the locals, we also filleted quite a few. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
                    Maybe I’ll see y’all on a stream or two, we’re headed there on the 25th as well.
                    Will be in Lake City staying at the Town Square Cabins on the 26-27th

Comment

That is some awesome country over there. Fished every pond, stream, and beaver pond I could find between Creede and Rio Grande reservoir back in the 60s and 70s. Some of the best times of my life spent running around that area. One of my favorite places on earth. Hope to go back there one more time to chase Elk if I can ever draw a tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                        Anyone been lately? Headed up there on the 25th for a few day to fish. I've been going there for the past 30 years off and on so know the area pretty well, just wondering what the flows are like and how the fishing has been. Will be all in between South Fork, Creede and Lake City. TIA

You guys have any luck last week? Fishing was really pretty good. We had a blast.

Comment

Working...
                        X