Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2022, 02:17 PM   #1
brunner
Pope & Young
 
brunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Lavaca/Comal County
Default Post Anesthesia/Surgery and/or Post Covid Brain Fog/Concentration? Anyone else?

Had my second round of Covid with mild symptoms about 4 weeks ago.

One week ago exactly today I had a surgical procedure and was under general anesthesia.

Havenít been under general anesthesia in 21 years.

Seemed fine coming out of it and felt mentally fine the first four days.

Day 4 post op ( this Tuesday) I started experiencing some right eye Vision issues and mainly brain fog, concentration, and mental focus issues.

Wednesday went ahead and got my eyes checked. All is near perfect. No issues anywhere even the optic nerve.

Vision stuff for the most part cleared up yesterday.

Wednesday through today some on and off brain fog.

Wednesday and Thursday about mid afternoon fatigue kicking my butt.

Keep in mind I am not sleeping the greatest at all due to being uncomfortable post surgery. Maybe a restful 4 hours and then toss and turn.


I also completely stopped taking all pain meds Tuesday with the first sign of vision and brain fog.

Last 48 hours I am only taking my normal vitamins and ibuprofen

Iím 35 year old and very athletically active and fit after a 3 year transition healthy lifestyle change losing 85lbs. I am currently the best shape of my life.

I know my body and I know Iím not entirely crazy of what I am feeling.

However now my anxiety is so high I am self google diagnosing myself from one crazy extreme to the other. From cancer to MS and everything in between.

Pretty anxious at this point which I know is very counterproductive.

Any info, experience, and prayers of course are much appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brunner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 02:29 PM   #2
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Sonora/Sutton County
Default

You ain’t alone man. My wife talks about brain fog everyday. She’s a PA so she’s constantly on the move and using her brain and says she just goes blank sometimes.

She reads a lot of case studies about post Covid symptoms/effects and the most talked about is brain fog and how so many are experiencing it.

Apparently now, penis shrinkage is a post effect.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 02:33 PM   #3
bullets13
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Fannett
Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
You ainít alone man. My wife talks about brain fog everyday. Sheís a PA so sheís constantly on the move and using her brain and says she just goes blank sometimes.

She reads a lot of case studies about post Covid symptoms/effects and the most talked about is brain fog and how so many are experiencing it.

Apparently now, penis shrinkage is a post effect.
My stepdad got Covid 14 months ago and still isn't as sharp as he was. And penis shrinkage has to be a last ditch effort to get men vaccinated
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 02:39 PM   #4
HoustonHunter94
Pope & Young
 
HoustonHunter94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Default

Just got off the phone with a buddy who I haven't talked with in months. He had it back in 2020 right when things started. He said he feels fine but brain fog was something the he said he deals with. Some days worse than others.
HoustonHunter94 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 02:40 PM   #5
brunner
Pope & Young
 
brunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Lavaca/Comal County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets13 View Post
My stepdad got Covid 14 months ago and still isn't as sharp as he was. And penis shrinkage has to be a last ditch effort to get men vaccinated

That last ditch effort ainít flowing with me lol

Gotta draw the line


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brunner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 02:49 PM   #6
JeffJ
Pope & Young
 
JeffJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Somewhere in the hillcountry golden triangle
Default

Took me the better part of six months post COVID to get rid of the brain fog. Had to write everything down. Wife thought I was drinking a lot because I couldn’t remember kids schedules, what we talked about the day before and such.
JeffJ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 02:55 PM   #7
Killer
Pope & Young
 
Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Powderly, TX
Hunt In: God's green earth
Default

You need to rest/sleep. get off your feet for a while until you feel better. Being put under is no joke!
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 03:08 PM   #8
dosrobles
Eight Point
 
dosrobles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Near Austin
Hunt In: Bertram
Default

So if you don’t get an injection you can no longer give an injection? Lol
dosrobles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 03:33 PM   #9
AgHntr10
Pope & Young
 
AgHntr10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: Polk/San Jacinto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
You ainít alone man. My wife talks about brain fog everyday. Sheís a PA so sheís constantly on the move and using her brain and says she just goes blank sometimes.

She reads a lot of case studies about post Covid symptoms/effects and the most talked about is brain fog and how so many are experiencing it.

Apparently now, penis shrinkage is a post effect.
SOB between that and this cold weather I am going to have an innie
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 03:53 PM   #10
Strummer
Pope & Young
 
Strummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edna Tx
Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard
Default

I donít have the fog but dang Iím tired all the time and canít kick the cough .
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 04:00 PM   #11
jlp04c
Eight Point
 
jlp04c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Default

My wife had a consult for wisdom teeth at an oral surgeon (md) she mentioned just getting over covid, we had it back in mid December. The oral surgeon said he wouldn't perform surgery until AT LEAST 2 months post covid, because he's been having an overwhelming amount of patients that are struggling with anesthesia effects after surgery. Some of the stuff he was talking about is the same sort of stuff you are talking about!
jlp04c is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 04:19 PM   #12
brunner
Pope & Young
 
brunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Lavaca/Comal County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp04c View Post
My wife had a consult for wisdom teeth at an oral surgeon (md) she mentioned just getting over covid, we had it back in mid December. The oral surgeon said he wouldn't perform surgery until AT LEAST 2 months post covid, because he's been having an overwhelming amount of patients that are struggling with anesthesia effects after surgery. Some of the stuff he was talking about is the same sort of stuff you are talking about!

Man thatís eye opening, I was shocked when they did my surgery so quickly.

I was actually scheduled to do the surgery December 30 but I had Covid so once I tested negative they scheduled the surgery literally only three weeks post a positive test


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brunner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 05:39 PM   #13
dosrobles
Eight Point
 
dosrobles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Near Austin
Hunt In: Bertram
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post
SOB between that and this cold weather I am going to have an innie
Your new screen name can be shenis
dosrobles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 05:51 PM   #14
meathunter
Ten Point
 
meathunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Helotes
Hunt In: anywhere invited
Default

First prayers for a full recovery. My first time I had Covid (3 times so far), I had fatigue and blood pressure issues for several months. It did finally go back to normal. It is a pain in the butt, especially if you have never experienced anything like it. Take care, be patient, and prayers again for a quick and full recovery.
meathunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 06:10 PM   #15
Abctx
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunner View Post
Man thatís eye opening, I was shocked when they did my surgery so quickly.

I was actually scheduled to do the surgery December 30 but I had Covid so once I tested negative they scheduled the surgery literally only three weeks post a positive test


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really?? ASA (American Society of Anesthesiologists) recommends at least 4 weeks post ďasymptomaticĒ covid test, and 6 weeks if you had actual symptoms.
Abctx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 06:16 PM   #16
brunner
Pope & Young
 
brunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Lavaca/Comal County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abctx View Post
Really?? ASA (American Society of Anesthesiologists) recommends at least 4 weeks post ďasymptomaticĒ covid test, and 6 weeks if you had actual symptoms.

From positive test day to surgery day only 19 days


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brunner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 07:41 PM   #17
W E H
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Yoakum
Hunt In: Lavaca County USA
Default

No confirmed COVID-19 for me. Wasnít really ever sick. My family had it.
But I did have 3 major surgeries in last 4 years. 2 shoulder rebuilds and one complete hip replacement. No overnight stays but probably knocked out at least 12 hours total, plus recovery room time. I truly believe ďl have lost a step or twoĒ in my brain function. I used to have 3-5 major novel readings going at any given time. Now I havenít finished a book in almost two years and I can hardly concentrate to read a magazine article. Not to mention now I have to try a lot harder in my day to day business dealings. It really really bothers me.

I donít have an answer but Iím open to suggestions.
W E H is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 08:38 PM   #18
toledo
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: the road by your lease
Default

Here's a post I made a few years ago. Still don't know what's wrong with me but have improved. I also had/ have left eye vision issues.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ight=Dizziness

Any unsteadiness on your feet? Feeling like you are rocking when you walk?

Problems with busy environments like the grocery store?

You might want to google PPPD.

I also think at least part of my problem is related to my neck. It was flopped all over the place while I was out and has given me problems ever since. Neck problems can absolutely cause dizziness, vision issues, headaches, etc.

Also, I am absolutely better when I'm distracted. There is a pyschological aspect. They don't know why but a low dose of venlafaxine or sertraline helps a lot of people.

Skip the ophthalmologists. For brain fog you want neurology. For vision, Neuro-opthalmologist or neuro-optomotrist. If you have any dizzy symptoms, you want a neuro-otologist.

The good news is you will improve. And all the CTs and MRIs in the world will come back clean for all your possible concerns of cancer, etc.

Really try your best not to stress over it. There is a link to some degree.

Send me a PM if there's anything I can do. Be glad to talk.
toledo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2022, 06:52 AM   #19
brunner
Pope & Young
 
brunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Lavaca/Comal County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo View Post
Here's a post I made a few years ago. Still don't know what's wrong with me but have improved. I also had/ have left eye vision issues.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ight=Dizziness

Any unsteadiness on your feet? Feeling like you are rocking when you walk?

Problems with busy environments like the grocery store?

You might want to google PPPD.

I also think at least part of my problem is related to my neck. It was flopped all over the place while I was out and has given me problems ever since. Neck problems can absolutely cause dizziness, vision issues, headaches, etc.

Also, I am absolutely better when I'm distracted. There is a pyschological aspect. They don't know why but a low dose of venlafaxine or sertraline helps a lot of people.

Skip the ophthalmologists. For brain fog you want neurology. For vision, Neuro-opthalmologist or neuro-optomotrist. If you have any dizzy symptoms, you want a neuro-otologist.

The good news is you will improve. And all the CTs and MRIs in the world will come back clean for all your possible concerns of cancer, etc.

Really try your best not to stress over it. There is a link to some degree.

Send me a PM if there's anything I can do. Be glad to talk.

Thanks for your reply Toledo.

I pray you you continue to improve with time.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I will continue to keep everyone posted of the day to day updates.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brunner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com