Windshield chips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield chips?

Any of y’all use those chip repair places for windshields? Does it work, or should I plan on a new windshield altogether?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had good results with them. As long as it is just a chip.

Comment

I have done the DIY kit twice, One came out perfect, the other not as good, The not so good one has not cracked and it's been a few years.

Comment

They work. Fixed a chip years ago that never opened up.
        Ignored one this year and the first time I turned on the defrost it spread across the whole windshield.

Comment

Good to know, thanks. Occasionally the easy way out is actually easy...

Comment

My insurance covers it, no charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
              My insurance covers it, no charge.
              To expound on this, it doesn’t matter what your deductible is, it could be a $1000, and if you have “other than collision coverage” then your insurance will pay for the chip repair. No cost to you.

Comment

They work and it's free with your insurance. A new windshield will not be free. No brainer.

Comment

Do windshield chips bother folks? I didn't know this was a thing honestly. I've never owned a vehicle without a chip in the windshield lol. Owned vehicles for 30yrs and never knew any different........learn something every day I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    Do windshield chips bother folks? I didn't know this was a thing honestly. I've never owned a vehicle without a chip in the windshield lol. Owned vehicles for 30yrs and never knew any different........learn something every day I suppose
                    If you fill the chip it won't run on you in the summer sun or whe. You turn the defrost on in the winter. Iv had 2 done with good luck and I know my dad has had 1.

Comment

Free chip repair and have them put you a new pair of wiper blades on when they repair it.

Safelite

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        Some folks aren’t tightwads and prefer to keep their things nice

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                          Any of y’all use those chip repair places for windshields? Does it work, or should I plan on a new windshield altogether?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          All. The. Time.

Get those chips repaired before they spread into a crack. On every occasion but one, the repair yielded a clear and seamless finish. Whether your insurance covers it or not, a chip repair is always less expensive than a windshield replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Some folks aren’t tightwads and prefer to keep their things nice
                            I understand that, but do they actually cause problems? I've never had a windshield shatter due to one. Maybe I've been lucky, and yes I'm a tightwad

Comment

Safelite repairs. Safelite replaces. You should have this jingle in your head!! Lol. Safelite is who I use.

Comment

Working...
                              X