Scope mount on savage 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope mount on savage 110

So I have a savage model 110 made somewhere 1995-2001 I looked online for scope mounts and they seem to be broken up into 2 groups flat top receivers and round top but mine has both so I don’t want to buy the wrong one any help would be nice

Also off topic but anybody who plays around with modding theses model 110/10 I’m looking for some parts or advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are looking for bases to fit a flat rear.

Comment

Originally posted by TKP1991 View Post
      You are looking for bases to fit a flat rear.
      This

Comment

The distance between the rings can cause issues mounting some scopes on savages. Their actions seem to run on the longer side. If it were me I’d opt for a one piece multi slot base or a one piece dnz to not run into that problem

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
          The distance between the rings can cause issues mounting some scopes on savages. Their actions seem to run on the longer side. If it were me I’d opt for a one piece multi slot base or a one piece dnz to not run into that problem

I just ran across this yesterday. Got a new scope to replace the Simmons that came on the package deal on Savage 111 .30-06 that my Dad had. New scope would not fit as the rings were too far apart. Had to order a different multi slot base to accommodate.

Comment

If it is from before 2002 you need the flat top mount. The flat top vs round refers to the portion of the receiver you left out of the picture. The rear portion.

It should be a stagger feed action vs the newer center feed actions. If it is a long action both center feed and stagger feed have the same stock screw spacing. If it's a short action the screw spacing is different between the center feed and stagger feed actions. You just need to pay attention to that when looking for a stock. If the magazine is attached to the action it'll be a stagger feed. If it is attached to the stock it'll be a center feed. You need to know what you have before you buy a new stock for it to make sure it'll fit.

Barrels are the same for all savage actions. Savage has large shank and small shank actions which has to do with the diameter of the barrel on the action end. Most likely it is a small shank. You need to make sure when you go to order a barrel and pay attention to what you are getting when you buy a used barrel.

There are tons of barrels, stocks and other parts available. Lots of used barrels available online as well as lots of new aftermarket pre-fit barrels, stocks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
              If it is from before 2002 you need the flat top mount. The flat top vs round refers to the portion of the receiver you left out of the picture. The rear portion.

It should be a stagger feed action vs the newer center feed actions. If it is a long action both center feed and stagger feed have the same stock screw spacing. If it's a short action the screw spacing is different between the center feed and stagger feed actions. You just need to pay attention to that when looking for a stock. If the magazine is attached to the action it'll be a stagger feed. If it is attached to the stock it'll be a center feed. You need to know what you have before you buy a new stock for it to make sure it'll fit.

Barrels are the same for all savage actions. Savage has large shank and small shank actions which has to do with the diameter of the barrel on the action end. Most likely it is a small shank. You need to make sure when you go to order a barrel and pay attention to what you are getting when you buy a used barrel.

There are tons of barrels, stocks and other parts available. Lots of used barrels available online as well as lots of new aftermarket pre-fit barrels, stocks, etc.

I apologize I have the rear and front but I posted 2 of the same

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                I just ran across this yesterday. Got a new scope to replace the Simmons that came on the package deal on Savage 111 .30-06 that my Dad had. New scope would not fit as the rings were too far apart. Had to order a different multi slot base to accommodate.

I felt like that was going to be an issue with the scope mount that came with it 1 Allen screws was rounding so I pulled a grinder out and used a flat head and get them removed for a 1 peice mount

Comment

Find the perfect Savage 110 Scope Base for your rifle at Mounts Plus – Improve your shooting experience with our wide range of durable, high-quality scope mounts today!

Comment

I have talked to a few people idk and they have made me question savages accuracy and quality is that a problem and should just sell and go for an older rem 700 / if not a rem 700 what model/ make thinking about 7mm rem mag/338/300 win mag ?

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishtank401 View Post
                      I have talked to a few people idk and they have made me question savages accuracy and quality is that a problem and should just sell and go for an older rem 700 / if not a rem 700 what model/ make thinking about 7mm rem mag/338/300 win mag ?

The savage you have will out shoot any 700 any day of the week. There’s a reason their slogan is “the definition of accuracy”. You cannot buy a stock rifle off the shelf that shoots better. Anybody who says that’s not true is full of bologna.

I’m not referring to any of the axis series, they’re junk like a lot of other brands.

As far as tinkering around with there’s a lot of options just like with a 700.
                      Last edited by diamond10x; 01-19-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                        The savage you have will out shoot any 700 any day of the week. There’s a reason their slogan is “the definition of accuracy”. You cannot buy a stock rifle off the shelf that shoots better. Anybody who says that’s not true is full of bologna.

I’m not referring to any of the axis series, they’re junk like a lot of other brands.

As far as tinkering around with there’s a lot of options just like with a 700.

Yea my 270 m700 shoots strait and flat better than any I bought

Comment

Working...
                        X