Looking to get into photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to get into photography

Ive recently decided to get into photography and have no idea where to start. I mainly am looking at taking wildlife and outdoor pictures. I was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations on cameras, lenses and anything else i may need to get started. I need a very user friendly model as i have no experience outside of taking pictures with my phone so any help is much appreciated. Not looking to break the bank but willing to pay for quality equipment.

Without concrete budget info, best I can recommend would be to stick with one of the big 3 brands. Canon, Nikon, or Sony. Canon is probably the most user friendly IMO and has good entry level options. I'd also recommend buying used. Best way to stretch your dollar a little further. Spend more money on the glass than on the camera body. The lenses hold their value pretty well (especially the "pro" level glass), but the camera bodies are like bows and drop in value pretty fast since there's a new version just about every other year, which again, is a great reason to pick them up used. I tend to stay 2 or 3 years behind the "new" stuff on my camera bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
      Without concrete budget info, best I can recommend would be to stick with one of the big 3 brands. Canon, Nikon, or Sony. Canon is probably the most user friendly IMO and has good entry level options. I'd also recommend buying used. Best way to stretch your dollar a little further. Spend more money on the glass than on the camera body. The lenses hold their value pretty well (especially the "pro" level glass), but the camera bodies are like bows and drop in value pretty fast since there's a new version just about every other year, which again, is a great reason to pick them up used. I tend to stay 2 or 3 years behind the "new" stuff on my camera bodies.

Would $1000-$1200 get me started?

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

For the price the canon T7 is good start with a decent kit lens. Like Tyler said glass will hold its value more than the body. I heard a saying the other day “ date your body and Marry your lens”. Photography can get addicting and expensive really fast like any other hobby

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            For the price the canon T7 is good start with a decent kit lens. Like Tyler said glass will hold its value more than the body. I heard a saying the other day “ date your body and Marry your lens”. Photography can get addicting and expensive really fast like any other hobby

And I have one of those sitting in a box on the shelf waiting for a new home. I think I posted on here a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are patient you can come across good deals on some really nice equipment here on TBH. Good luck. It is much fun. Just like golf, that one great shot will have you chasing the next one.

Comment

Where are you located? I have an older Canon T1i, lens and accessories that I don't use anymore. It has one fairly good lens, an EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4-5.6 and other lower level lens.
                PM me if you are interest. I'm in Humble NE of Houston

Comment

Sent you an email, but may have gone to your junk folder because it's an odd email

Comment

Working...
                  X