Shop and Barndo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
    Sucks man. Keep me posted on your build sir.
    Just saw this thread. I did a shop with a 20' covered awning. If there is any advice I can give you is to go 25' instead of 20'. you'll thank me later.

Seriously 25' is much better. I park a trailer and a truck side by side under my awning and you can't get out of the truck without hitting the trailer. That 5' makes a HUGE difference.

Just something to think about.

Comment

Concrete should be complete by the time I get off this afternoon
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
        Just saw this thread. I did a shop with a 20' covered awning. If there is any advice I can give you is to go 25' instead of 20'. you'll thank me later.

Seriously 25' is much better. I park a trailer and a truck side by side under my awning and you can't get out of the truck without hitting the trailer. That 5' makes a HUGE difference.

Just something to think about.
        Appreciate the advice sir. Building was ordered 3 weeks or so ago. With awnings on both sides, I believe I am good to go.

Comment

Looking good brutha!

Comment

following, love these

Comment

Just seeing this, congrats Mitch. How close to your current house is it? Also surprised you even fit in an RV.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                Just seeing this, congrats Mitch. How close to your current house is it? Also surprised you even fit in an RV.
                Thank you sir. It's about 5 miles from where I live now on Macedonia. Had to buy the biggest trailer I could find

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                  Looking good brutha!
                  Thank you sir .

Comment

We have concrete.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I added 2 ft of concrete on the 60 ft. lean too sides so water will hit concrete and not erode around the building. Also added a walkway across the front and a 16x16 ramp centered on the front roll up door. Weather permitting, I hope that is complete by this weekend. The electrical and water stub ups will allow me to trench and pull wire/water lines while I am waiting on the building. I need a lot of dirt work and crushed concrete as well.

Comment

I should have thought about the extra concrete on the back of mine. I need gutters in a bad way.

Comment

Looking good. You're going to like the extra room.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I should have thought about the extra concrete on the back of mine. I need gutters in a bad way.
                            Me too, I have gutters, but wishing now I had done same, or did porches around the entire building.
                            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Who is doing your concrete work? Im in Waller county too. My son is looking to start doing the same as you soon and I need to put up barn myself.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                                Who is doing your concrete work? Im in Waller county too. My son is looking to start doing the same as you soon and I need to put up barn myself.
                                Wilbur, the guy that I am using is actually out of Crosby. I would highly recommend him and he was the cheapest around that I could find. Text your number to 34623657fiveseven

Comment

Working...
                                X