Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 01-19-2022, 11:18 AM   #51
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferg84 View Post
What are y'all's opinions on ATN Thor 4?

I've gone the 1.25-4x sitting in a box on my desk, I bought it and started reading reviews. It just came in today so I can send back pretty easily.

I was reading some pretty negative reviews but was wondering if anyone here has experience?
Send it back ASAP! ATN is pure junk

I wouldn't use it if you gave it to me
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2022, 01:13 PM   #52
rferg84
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nolan and Fisher Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Send it back ASAP! ATN is pure junk

I wouldn't use it if you gave it to me
Done. On its way back.

So say I want to stay in the $2500 range.

What would y'all suggest?

I'll probably put it on a .300BLK AR that is suppressed, won't be shooting subs but 115gr faster stuff.
rferg84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2022, 01:53 PM   #53
bowaddict40
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Done. On its way back.

I'll probably put it on a .300BLK AR that is suppressed, won't be shooting subs but 115gr faster stuff.
The AGM Rattlers are both there or under. The 25 is $2K and the 35 is $2500. I have the 25 and it is great for the price. Here is a video from mine. The feeder is about 75yds as is the hog I shot. Now mind you this is the first time I hunted with it so disregard me playing with it in the video. LOL

The only thing it doesnt have I wish it did is sound recording.

https://youtu.be/k5wAxtLiBj8

Last edited by bowaddict40; 01-19-2022 at 01:58 PM.
bowaddict40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2022, 01:59 PM   #54
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
Done. On its way back.

There isn't much I would recommend in that price point. See above, but AGM or maybe Pulsar

I would also suggest selling that .300 BLK lol

I bought one from the hype 3-4 years ago. I told it last year for more then i paid for it. Never looked back
Old 01-19-2022, 10:21 PM   #55
rferg84
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nolan and Fisher Counties

Quote:
There isn't much I would recommend in that price point. See above, but AGM or maybe Pulsar

I would also suggest selling that .300 BLK lol

I bought one from the hype 3-4 years ago. I told it last year for more then i paid for it. Never looked back
I've shot plenty of pigs with the BLK with nary a problem. I appreciate it though.
rferg84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2022, 09:02 AM   #56
jfk47
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard and Jackson counties

Does the reticle not show in the pip ?
jfk47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2022, 09:35 AM   #57
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk47 View Post
Does the reticle not show in the pip ?
Pulsar's do. I believe I have heard that all the other models do however for whatever reason the reticle does NOT show up in the recorded videos on some.
Fordnandez is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2022, 09:47 AM   #58
bowaddict40
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnandez View Post
Pulsar's do. I believe I have heard that all the other models do however for whatever reason the reticle does NOT show up in the recorded videos on some.
This is correct. On the AGM it only shows the little white crosshairs on the main screen and nothing in the PIP. That is not the crosshair I use. I use a green dot with the hash marks on each side and the bottom. It does show up in the PIP when you are shooting though.
bowaddict40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2022, 12:35 PM   #59
ATXArcher
Eight Point

Hunt In: Burnet

Following
ATXArcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 02:42 PM   #60
Bazo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where I can

Does anyone have any experience with this?

InfiRay iRay Cabin CBL19 384 2x Thermal Monocular
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 03:11 PM   #61
Old Bald Guy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
Lets talk Thermal Monocular.

I've been kicking the idea around about getting one because scanning through my scope on my rifle gets tiring after a while.

The 2 budget friendly option I have been looking at are the PULSAR AXION KEY XM30 2.5-10X THERMAL MONOCULAR or the AGM TAIPAN TM19-384 1.9-15.2X THERMAL MONOCULAR.

Who has which and how do you like them?
I've been using a TM19 for a while and like it. I'm hunting from a blind at the end of a 400 yard oat patch and use the monocular to scan every few minutes.
Old Bald Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2022, 08:41 PM   #62
JuDGe
Six Point

Hunt In: Tom Green, Concho and Runnels

Just picked up a Sightmark Wraith 4K Mini and I'm hoping that will get me where I want to go.
JuDGe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2022, 10:40 PM   #63
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches Co. & NW Oklahoma

SHOT Show 2022 Report

Hey fellas sorry I've been MIA but I was in Vegas for 6 days at the SHOT Show and just got back.

Since this is a new thread, for those that don't know, we're the NV and thermal sponsor for TBH dating back to about 2013. I own Outdoor Legacy and we're a full time thermal and NV dealer and for the last 4 years my salesman (HansETX on Youtube) and I have produced The Late Night Vision Show podcast on Youtube where we review the vast majority of new thermals and digital NV optics on the market, as well as talk about night hunting in general.

Our big thing is real world side by side use of all the optics in the field and offering the best personalized advice and customer service we believe you can find in this industry. If you're ever in the market for thermal or NV please give us a call and we'll be glad to help offer advice after hearing about your hunting conditions, terrain, needs, shooting distances, budget etc. (877)350-1818 https://outdoorlegacygear.com

Now back to business....I'll keep this as short as possible. We released a special edition podcast on Youtube for all of the 5 top thermal companies, in alphabetical order, AGM, Bering Optics, Infiray/iRay USA, Pulsar and N-Vision Optics. We also released a show live from the show floor in Vegas and I'll post a link to that below. In a nutshell here is the news from SHOT...

AGM

Announced the Adder series of thermal scopes in a 30mm tube, daytime scope design. Multiple models ranging from $2,500-$4,500. I expect it to be a few months before we see them.

The Varmint LRF models are already released and in stock but were still recent news.

Same with the Fuzion thermal monoculars. We will be reviewing both the Fuzions and Varmints soon, we've been using both in the field for a couple months.

Bering

They announced a Super Hogster with a LRF and a 2x version of the Super Yoter. They gave us no pricing and no ETA other than saying their normal release dates are in late summer.

iRay USA

Zoom ZH38 640 1.6x/3.2x thermal monocular $3,999. This is an interesting high end thermal monocular that is going to make some waves when people realize exactly what it is. Unlike any other thermal device the market has ever seen, the ZH38 uses glass lenses to let you zoom in and step up the magnification from 1.6x to 3.2x without using any digital zoom. This could be the start of something really big, as the industry has never see anything like this. I've tested one briefly a few months ago and will be getting another soon for more in depth field tests.

Rico Micro 640 1x, handheld, scope, clip-on unit - no pricing yet. I've had one of these for a few months and I've got to say the image quality is amazing. Some of the best non N-Vision image quality I've ever seen. This little unit is going to be for a very small specific crowd but it's going to serve them well and will be very popular. Also, for the clip-on portion, I'm being told rail mount only (no bolt guns) and 1-6x optics is what it's designed for.

N-Vision Optics

Nothing new, just working to increase production of their new high end optics. They are still the hands down leader in US thermal image quality.

Pulsar

There's a lot here....these units are expected to arrive between February and April, depending on the models.

All past model Axions are gone....discontinued.

Axion XM30F 320x240 3x $1,499 - Great little unit, supposedly the battery life has been upped on the Axions. This will be the Key model replacement and I can already tell the image quality is much better than the Keys had.

Axion XQ35 384 2x $1,999 - Really looks to be a good unit, so glad to see the lower base magnification, this will be a hit because of the price, image quality and lower base mag.

Axion XQ35 LRF 384 2x $2,499 - Seems extremely similar to the discontinued XQ38 LRF but better image quality, lower base mag and less expensive.

Thermion 2 XP50 LRF Pro 2x $5,999 - Same great scope but with the LRF built into the unit. Pulsar has been heading this way for a long time and now with the LRF in the Thermion, I'd expect to see the Trails to go away for good very soon.

Talion XQ38 2.5x $2,499 - New entry level optic with a fully focusable lens which will be new for Pulsar in this price range. Takes a removable APS5 battery and looks like it will be a hit. The $2,300 Thermion XM30 is going away now.

Proton FXQ30 384 $3,299 - More of an entry level/mid-range clip on unit. I want to get it out in the field but image quality looks ok, about what you expect from clip-ons. You'll get a better image from a dedicated scope in the same price range but some people just think they want a clip-on and this will fit the price range of most of those folks. I expect it will be much better on a 1-6x scope than a 3-9x

Krypton FXG50 640 $5,299 - This is the much anticipated clip-on unit that has been in Europe for a couple years and some US customers have been begging for it to come here and it's finally made it's way over. I have to admit the image quality was really good, better than I expected and I think for a clip-on, it will sell really well. If you're going to buy a clip-on, I believe this will be the unit to buy.

Sightmark

Wraith 4K Digital NV Monocular $699 - This is a small 1x helmet mountable monocular that can be used both handheld and on a helmet. It's a cool looking little unit and I really need some field time with it to understand what the real capabilities of this optic are.

Here is all that info and some more commentary from our live SHOT Show podcast.....

Outdoor Legacy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2022, 10:42 PM   #64
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:

I've been kicking the idea around about getting one because scanning through my scope on my rifle gets tiring after a while.

The 2 budget friendly option I have been looking at are the PULSAR AXION KEY XM30 2.5-10X THERMAL MONOCULAR or the AGM TAIPAN TM19-384 1.9-15.2X THERMAL MONOCULAR.

All the current Axions are discontinued. The new models were mentioned above and aren't on the market yet. Until we get them in our hands we can't really say how they compare to other units on the market. I can say that the Taipan TM19 is a great little unit and by far one of the most popular monoculars on the market under $3,000.

Give us a call sometime if you'd like to discuss the options.

Outdoor Legacy
877-350-1818

Jason
Old 01-23-2022, 11:14 PM   #65
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with this?

InfiRay iRay Cabin CBL19 384 2x Thermal Monocular
Yes sir I've been using it for a few months and it's a great monocular. Very good image quality, good battery life, removable battery and for the money it's hard to beat. I like the Cabins a lot and I think they will do well once more people get their hands on them. They also have a 5 year warranty which pushes some people over the edge.

Jason
Old 01-23-2022, 11:38 PM   #66
Bazo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
Yes sir I've been using it for a few months and it's a great monocular. Very good image quality, good battery life, removable battery and for the money it's hard to beat. I like the Cabins a lot and I think they will do well once more people get their hands on them. They also have a 5 year warranty which pushes some people over the edge.

Jason

I was hoping you would chime in.

I feel like I will be leaning this way. The more I look around I keep coming back to this one.

Is there a bid difference between this one and the next Cabin model up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2022, 03:43 AM   #67
CWendling
Ten Point

Hunt In: Henderson

Quote:
I would not waste my money on a monocular, especially in that price point

Your ability to ID animals will be suspect at that price point. Buy another scope and scan with it and you can shoot with it
Not at all. I have the AGM micro 384 and in east texas where i rarely have the chance to shoot beyond 100 yds its great. Easily tell the difference between deer/pigs/and the occasional stray dog or even a cow that strayed onto our property. Even used it to find a deer that ran off, and more than once during deer season i have located deer in the treeline that were pretty well camoflaged.

I also use it at work (police) and is handy for helping find people that dont want to be found.

After 2 years of use, I definitely would not consider it a 'waste of money' at a $1200 price point. I bought it mostly because i was tired of taking my thermal scope on and off my rifle to scan.
CWendling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2022, 10:29 PM   #68
booger presley
Four Point

First night after finally getting a chance to use the agm rattler 35-384 and it turned out pretty good for an old east texas boy

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
booger presley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2022, 01:50 AM   #69
ToRqUeTwIsTeR
Four Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Which pulsar is the best per $ spent? I don’t care about video etc. I just want something that is functional with good battery life.

Also…how does the AGM Rattler compare?
ToRqUeTwIsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2022, 03:47 AM   #70
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

Went out for a few hours tonight. First time I’ve been out in a long time actually hunting myself. We put 11-12 on the ground in about 3 hours, and had a few more that died off in the pasture. It felt good getting out again.
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2022, 07:57 AM   #71
ATI
Ten Point

Hunt In: TEXAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger presley View Post
First night after finally getting a chance to use the agm rattler 35-384 and it turned out pretty good for an old east texas boy

Nice!
did you record any of them? how far of a shot and how clear was the image?
ATI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2022, 12:45 PM   #72
gingib
Pope & Young

We stacked 12 this past weekend all over 110 pounds. Shoulda had 20 in the truck but cows and we didnt shoot good.

I am likely selling my Reap and upgrading to a Halo X35 or X55 soon as I got an exceptional price
Old 01-31-2022, 07:49 PM   #73
Old Bald Guy
Ten Point

I'm hunting from a blind at the end of a 400 yd long oat patch. Try to keep a pig or two on the field for coyote bait. Shooting a Bergara with a Thermion XM50. I picked the XM50 because of the 5.5X optical magnification which is about like using a 6X scope, great from a blind but would be too much magnification for running stuff or scanning. Using a Taipan TM25 monocular to keep track of what's on the field. Much easier than using the rifle to scan.
In the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to hunt a lot but have managed to kill 7 coyotes and 5 pigs in 13 shots at ranges of 75-280 yds. Shot over a coyote but drilled him second shot.
Very pleased with the XM50 thermal and the TM25 monocular.
Old Bald Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2022, 11:25 PM   #74
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR View Post
Which pulsar is the best per $ spent? I donít care about video etc. I just want something that is functional with good battery life.

AlsoÖhow does the AGM Rattler compare?

I'll be honest there is just so much more info needed that it's hard to answer this question. What price range, what animals you're hunting, terrain, how far/close you'll be shooting on average etc.

Same with the Rattlers. AGM has $2,000 Rattlers and $4,500 Rattlers. There's a whole lot to get into.

We'll be glad to help answer these questions and get you on the right path with a few suggestions of what might work best for your situation once we have a little more info. If you're really looking to figure it out, I'd suggest giving us a call one day and we will be glad to help!

(877)350-1818

Jason
Old 01-31-2022, 11:33 PM   #75
ToRqUeTwIsTeR
Four Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Quote:
I'll be honest there is just so much more info needed that it's hard to answer this question. What price range, what animals you're hunting, terrain, how far/close you'll be shooting on average etc.

Same with the Rattlers. AGM has $2,000 Rattlers and $4,500 Rattlers. There's a whole lot to get into.

We'll be glad to help answer these questions and get you on the right path with a few suggestions of what might work best for your situation once we have a little more info. If you're really looking to figure it out, I'd suggest giving us a call one day and we will be glad to help!

(877)350-1818

Jason
Thanks for the information, Jason. I will save your number, and give you a call when Iím a little bit more serious aka income tax return. Lol
ToRqUeTwIsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2022, 09:31 AM   #76
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR View Post
Thanks for the information, Jason. I will save your number, and give you a call when Iím a little bit more serious aka income tax return. Lol
Haha! I totally understand! No rush and no problem at all.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:28 PM   #77
J-Carp
Ten Point

I see the tiapan 10 has gone down to $550. Is this a sale or a new price?
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2022, 04:48 PM   #78
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
I see the tiapan 10 has gone down to $550. Is this a sale or a new price?
New lower price. It was $799 and they lowered it to $549 the week of SHOT Show. We've got another shipment of them that's hung up in the snow storm but we'll have them in stock next week.

If you're not wanting to ID out past 100-125 yards and you don't have a higher end thermal scope, it's a nice little optic. If you've used much other thermal the low 256 resolution, lower refresh rate, fixed focus and 1x, is hard to stomach but if you don't need much and it's all close range then it does a fair job for what it is.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/produc...rmal-monocular
Old 02-04-2022, 09:01 PM   #79
J-Carp
Ten Point

Quote:
New lower price. It was $799 and they lowered it to $549 the week of SHOT Show. We've got another shipment of them that's hung up in the snow storm but we'll have them in stock next week.

If you're not wanting to ID out past 100-125 yards and you don't have a higher end thermal scope, it's a nice little optic. If you've used much other thermal the low 256 resolution, lower refresh rate, fixed focus and 1x, is hard to stomach but if you don't need much and it's all close range then it does a fair job for what it is.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/produc...rmal-monocular

I am a low key night hunter. Not much time for it between work and kids. I have a sightmark wraith optic and need something to scan with. I have zero thermal experience so, I think it fits the bill of in frequent use, equal to or slightly better ID range than my wraith, better detection ability than NV, and price.

Anyone on here have a taipan 10 that can throw in 2 cents, other than Jason? Appreciate it.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:19 AM   #80
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:

I use a taipan tm15 .i chose it over the tm19 for a few reasons . i didn't want to have to mess with focussing it ,i wanted the widest field of view possible , and afterall it's just a viewer. i must say i use it a lot but not the way most people would think. i don't even look into it , i turn off the internal screen and use an ipad to watch, record and make all the adjustments on the picture like polarity and zoom .. one thing to note is you can zoom in and zoom out with the ipad .. with the viewer itself you have to go 1,2,4.. back to 1. same for palete i can go WH -BH back and forward without having to go through all the modes.

I hunt feeders primarily , and use green solar lights from amazon to see at night with my trijicon accupoint .

if you're on a budget , or just lazy like me, it works great ... you can see animals as they approach and just wait for the right shot ... my buddy has the same setup next door and can take shots to 300 yards that way as well .. the video below is actually from his blind couple weeks ago . he doesn't even own thermal , we just use cell cameras and sneak up at night , or just blind hunt.

if i hunt elsewhere i just use my trijicon reap-ir it's still fantastic even by today's standards except it doesn't have all the built in recording and wifi bells and whistles everybody wants .. but it's features are all i need .. no auto nuke, no focus , no nonsense .. just great picture and performance .

on a side note, when new my agm got lines in the screen within a week ... they swapped it out.. the weekend of the recording below a racoon showed up after dark and i recorded it.. when i tried to retrieve the video .. it no longer works .. so it's in the mail back to them as well a little over a year later . they have been good honoring warranty , and i hope the next one will last ... just wanted to mention it. i was shooting my 243 with leupold 3x9 and a SAS arbiter can .. did a video on the thread adapter some time back to fit old timer guns.. it works ... turned the poor coon inside out at 100 yards (distance to the feeder)

second video shows the white hot black hot and zoom in and out function of the taipan when controller via ipad .. also note it's good enough to spot rabbits at 60 yards and even field mice .

imyomama is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2022, 09:24 AM   #81
imyomama
Ten Point

here is another video where you can see the taipan in action with deer and pig ..
Old 02-06-2022, 09:38 AM   #82
imyomama
Ten Point

here is the coon @night @100 yards .. spotted with taipan and finished off using green amazon led solar lights
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2022, 09:53 AM   #83
J-Carp
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyomama View Post
I use a taipan tm15 .i chose it over the tm19 for a few reasons . i didn't want to have to mess with focussing it ,i wanted the widest field of view possible , and afterall it's just a viewer. i must say i use it a lot but not the way most people would think. i don't even look into it , i turn off the internal screen and use an ipad to watch, record and make all the adjustments on the picture like polarity and zoom .. one thing to note is you can zoom in and zoom out with the ipad .. with the viewer itself you have to go 1,2,4.. back to 1. same for palete i can go WH -BH back and forward without having to go through all the modes.

I hunt feeders primarily , and use green solar lights from amazon to see at night with my trijicon accupoint .

if you're on a budget , or just lazy like me, it works great ... you can see animals as they approach and just wait for the right shot ... my buddy has the same setup next door and can take shots to 300 yards that way as well .. the video below is actually from his blind couple weeks ago . he doesn't even own thermal , we just use cell cameras and sneak up at night , or just blind hunt.

if i hunt elsewhere i just use my trijicon reap-ir it's still fantastic even by today's standards except it doesn't have all the built in recording and wifi bells and whistles everybody wants .. but it's features are all i need .. no auto nuke, no focus , no nonsense .. just great picture and performance .

on a side note, when new my agm got lines in the screen within a week ... they swapped it out.. the weekend of the recording below a racoon showed up after dark and i recorded it.. when i tried to retrieve the video .. it no longer works .. so it's in the mail back to them as well a little over a year later . they have been good honoring warranty , and i hope the next one will last ... just wanted to mention it. i was shooting my 243 with leupold 3x9 and a SAS arbiter can .. did a video on the thread adapter some time back to fit old timer guns.. it works ... turned the poor coon inside out at 100 yards (distance to the feeder)

AGM Taipan TM15-384 - YouTube

second video shows the white hot black hot and zoom in and out function of the taipan when controller via ipad .. also note it's good enough to spot rabbits at 60 yards and even field mice .

AGM Taipan T-vision software to iphone recording - YouTube

Great info. Thank you. I was actually wondering if I could do exactly what you do when Iím hunting a feeder and thatís connect it to an iPad or iPhone and just sit back and wait.

I still think Iíll stick with the 10Ömaybe after I get a thermal optic I will get a better monocular.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:46 PM   #84
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
Great info. Thank you. I was actually wondering if I could do exactly what you do when Iím hunting a feeder and thatís connect it to an iPad or iPhone and just sit back and wait.

I still think Iíll stick with the 10Ömaybe after I get a thermal optic I will get a better monocular.
exactly and you can keep the windows closed except for the thermal .. i was actually thinking of making a mag mount for the outside ... close the windows so no scent and stay toasty .. then crack a window quietly when it's time to shoot. i do that anyways in some case as the feeder is north of the blind, so a south wind could get you busted..
Old 02-07-2022, 08:11 AM   #85
J-Carp
Ten Point

Quote:
exactly and you can keep the windows closed except for the thermal .. i was actually thinking of making a mag mount for the outside ... close the windows so no scent and stay toasty .. then crack a window quietly when it's time to shoot. i do that anyways in some case as the feeder is north of the blind, so a south wind could get you busted..

Good idea. Maybe use a large magnet with felt on either side so that you can effectively hunt any blind without a fixed mount.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:49 AM   #86
gingib
Pope & Young

Sold my Trijicon Reap and bought an Nvision Halo 50x. Got a very good price of $6600 out the door.

I looked thru the halo 35x and 50x and wanted a little more zoom with the 50
Old 02-08-2022, 01:16 PM   #87
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Sold my Trijicon Reap and bought an Nvision Halo 50x. Got a very good price of $6600 out the door.

I looked thru the halo 35x and 50x and wanted a little more zoom with the 50
Thats a good price. I assume that is second hand?
Old 02-08-2022, 01:28 PM   #88
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
I bought it new. Getting shipped from N-Vision
Old 02-15-2022, 10:55 PM   #89
booger presley
Four Point

Wife got it done tonight. First pig kill ever and she did it with the thermal

booger presley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2022, 08:57 AM   #90
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Finally got out and did some calling. Ended up with three fox in the video below. We got two hogs also, I will upload those videos soon.

https://youtu.be/6FBURybiKb0
Old 02-16-2022, 09:12 AM   #91
gingib
Pope & Young

Buddy of mine ordered the AGM Rattler TS35 on Amazon. I looked thru it. For $3400 it is hard to beat as a 640 unit.

Granted it doesnt have auto focus and has 2 eye dials to adjust, which I am not a fan of. Plus takes CR123's which is a huge turn off
Old 02-16-2022, 10:03 AM   #92
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Finally got out and did some calling. Ended up with three fox in the video below. We got two hogs also, I will upload those videos soon.

https://youtu.be/6FBURybiKb0
what barrel length and speed are you getting from that 204 ruger ar ? how much does it weigh ?
Old 02-16-2022, 08:43 PM   #93
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
what barrel length and speed are you getting from that 204 ruger ar ? how much does it weigh ?
Pretty sure it is a 20" box says 4200 fps but not sure how long of a barrel that is out of. Not sure of the weight. I can get a weight tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:07 PM   #94
Hunterdan

Hunt In: South Texas

Just bought a Super Hogster. Mounting it tomorrow and will get it sighted in. Headed to South Texas to shoot some pigs this weekend.
Hunterdan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2022, 10:39 PM   #95
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

Quote:
Nvision has considerable markup.
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2022, 08:25 AM   #96
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03RUBI View Post
Nvision has considerable markup.
Yes they do! From the looks of it close to $1500-1600 for those kinda scopes
Old 02-21-2022, 03:01 PM   #97
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Got the Iray Zoom from Jason last week and was able to try it out this weekend. This unit has an optical zoom that goes from 1.6x base mag to 3.2x base mag and unlike all other units the only way to do this was a digital zoom that cut your resolution in half. The image quality at both magnifications. Short video below from this past weekend.

Old 02-21-2022, 03:31 PM   #98
imyomama
Ten Point

ok , i'm not gonna lie i'm getting frustrated now! I've had my AGM Taipan for a while now since they came out.

my first one had lines on the screen right off the bat, i called them and got it swapped out.
Since then it has been great and i've done a few videos with it. few weeks ago however it quit recording. so I sent it back and again they were really responsive and sent me a new one.

I got it today! put it on charge and powered it on ! dang it!!!! this one has lines in it too!
i'm getting a little frustrated over the quality control . @ $1300 it's not acceptable.

Now i'm sure they will swap it out, but that means more weekends without and having to pay to get it shipped back AGAIN!

Outdoor legacy, have you had similar issues with your customers on these or am I just that lucky ?
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2022, 03:41 PM   #99
static99899
Four Point

Quote:
ok , i'm not gonna lie i'm getting frustrated now! I've had my AGM Taipan for a while now since they came out.

my first one had lines on the screen right off the bat, i called them and got it swapped out.

Since then it has been great and i've done a few videos with it. few weeks ago however it quit recording. so I sent it back and again they were really responsive and sent me a new one.

I got it today! put it on charge and powered it on ! dang it!!!! this one has lines in it too!

i'm getting a little frustrated over the quality control . @ $1300 it's not acceptable.

Now i'm sure they will swap it out, but that means more weekends without and having to pay to get it shipped back AGAIN!

Outdoor legacy, have you had similar issues with your customers on these or am I just that lucky ?
AGM better be careful, they'll end up with the same reputation as ATN. Even though ATNs customer service has gotten better the last few years, they can't seem to shake the reputation...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
static99899 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2022, 04:37 PM   #100
imyomama
Ten Point

Well, Todd already replied and he's going to take care of it! At least customer service has been outstanding ... looking at this unit's # it's an old batch ... probably from the same as my first one build date jan 21... we'll see ! i must say aside from these issues , i really have enjoyed using it when it works properly...