Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Traditional
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2022, 11:04 PM   #1
Oneway
Pope & Young
 
Oneway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Paris,TX
Hunt In: Kuiu Verde
Default TBOT 2022 1st 3D Feb12th,13th

Hunt County Archery Club will host the 1st TBOT of 2022, details in the flyer below
Attached Images
 
Oneway is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2022, 08:44 AM   #2
Bisch
Pope & Young
 
Bisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sonora, Tx
Default

I wont be able to make it. I live a million miles from everything now!!!

Yall have fun, and Ill be jealous!!!!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2022, 09:20 AM   #3
RickBarbee
Pope & Young
 
RickBarbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas Back Roads
Hunt In: Where I am
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisch View Post
I wont be able to make it. I live a million miles from everything now!!!

Yall have fun, and Ill be jealous!!!!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Welcome to the club.
The Abilene club at Buffalo Gap is the closest one to me, and it's still a 50 mile drive from here.

You, Carl, and I need to try to hook up, and car pool to some of those shoots out east.

Rick
RickBarbee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2022, 09:56 AM   #4
tradman
Six Point
 
tradman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sherman
Hunt In: Grayson
Default

I think I can make that one, but out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Paris shoot at the end of January was cancelled?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tradman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2022, 10:38 AM   #5
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBarbee View Post
Welcome to the club.

The Abilene club at Buffalo Gap is the closest one to me, and it's still a 50 mile drive from here.



You, Carl, and I need to try to hook up, and car pool to some of those shoots out east.



Rick
I was glad to see Abilene on the schedule this spring. I'm planning on making that one. Honestly though, it's not in Abilene. Near maybe.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2022, 05:30 AM   #6
SJP51
Eight Point
 
SJP51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Nacogdoches
Hunt In: Menard, Bryan, San Augustine
Default

I'll try to drag my pig wounding, buck missing, sorry shooting self over there some range time. Gotta get a groove going!
SJP51 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2022, 01:15 PM   #7
loco cacahuate
Ten Point
 
loco cacahuate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: out my back door
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradman View Post
out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Paris shoot at the end of January was cancelled?
It will be rescheduled, probably in March
loco cacahuate is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2022, 07:08 PM   #8
Onski69
Four Point
 
Onski69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

I've never been to one but thinking of giving it a shot. Never been to any archery competition for that matter. How does it work? Do I need to be there at a certain time to sign in or just show up at any point during the day and shoot? What bows are legal? I gather no sights, rest or releases? Correct?
Onski69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2022, 07:38 PM   #9
TXRebel
Eight Point
 
TXRebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Searching
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onski69 View Post
I've never been to one but thinking of giving it a shot. Never been to any archery competition for that matter. How does it work? Do I need to be there at a certain time to sign in or just show up at any point during the day and shoot? What bows are legal? I gather no sights, rest or releases? Correct?
List of Rules and Guidelines.

https://www.tbot.org/equipment_guidelines.html
TXRebel is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2022, 09:49 PM   #10
Onski69
Four Point
 
Onski69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRebel View Post
So do I need to be there first thing Saturday morning to sign up or can I just show up whenever and shoot whenever? Do I have to be there Sunday? Wife has plans for us Sunday that's why I ask.

Are the shooting distances known or unknown?

I'd like to bring my 8 year old to shoot too (mini cub I'd guess). Could he shoot with me and does he have his own set of stakes to shoot from or would he shoot in a group with other kids?

I have a bunch of old vintage one-piece wood bows I think that fit the description in the rules but could I shoot my Satori? It's an ILF (I have both recurve and longbow limbs) but I don't shoot with a rest (off the shelf only), no sight, stabilizer or clicker. And would I enter it in Modern Open Longbow and Modern Open Recurve? Or does it not qualify?

I couldn't find these answers on the webpage.
Onski69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2022, 10:39 AM   #11
CamoQuest
Ten Point
 
CamoQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Franklin
Hunt In: Robertson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onski69 View Post
So do I need to be there first thing Saturday morning to sign up or can I just show up whenever and shoot whenever? Do I have to be there Sunday? Wife has plans for us Sunday that's why I ask.

Are the shooting distances known or unknown?

I'd like to bring my 8 year old to shoot too (mini cub I'd guess). Could he shoot with me and does he have his own set of stakes to shoot from or would he shoot in a group with other kids?

I couldn't find these answers on the webpage.
I can help with these answers: Most of the TBoT shoots have a California start, which means you go out to shoot whenever you show up. If you get there at 8, there will probably be a bunch of folks ready to go shoot, and you can jump in a group with one of them. If you sleep in and get there a little later, you might have to wait a little while for another shooter or two to show up to shoot with, but no worries, someone will point you in the right direction. These are laid back, fun to shoot events, and kids are welcome! Your son can shoot with you, and he'll have his own stake color to shoot from. You don't have to be there on Sunday. There are a lot of classes to shoot in for Tbot, and some people shoot multiple rounds in a day. Your first round in a particular class counts as your official score. The latter time given for Saturday on the flyer is when they want the score cards turned in by. So say you got there at 8, shot a round and finished around 9:30, you would turn in your card for that round. If you wanted to shoot another class, you would go out again, and could keep doing that all day as long as you finish your last round by the time they want cards turned in. Hopefully this all makes sense!
CamoQuest is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2022, 10:48 AM   #12
CamoQuest
Ten Point
 
CamoQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Franklin
Hunt In: Robertson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onski69 View Post

I have a bunch of old vintage one-piece wood bows I think that fit the description in the rules but could I shoot my Satori? It's an ILF (I have both recurve and longbow limbs) but I don't shoot with a rest (off the shelf only), no sight, stabilizer or clicker. And would I enter it in Modern Open Longbow and Modern Open Recurve? Or does it not qualify?

I couldn't find these answers on the webpage.
Someone with more info than myself might chime in, but I believe you can shoot your Satori. You would be in the Men's Open Recurve or Longbow, depending on which limbs you use. If I'm mistaken, someone will tell us, lol.
CamoQuest is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2022, 11:17 AM   #13
Onski69
Four Point
 
Onski69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoQuest View Post
Someone with more info than myself might chime in, but I believe you can shoot your Satori. You would be in the Men's Open Recurve or Longbow, depending on which limbs you use. If I'm mistaken, someone will tell us, lol.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I think you answered most all my questions. I really appreciate it.
Are the distances marked or do you have to guess what they are and what are the typical distances the mens open shoot from? I'm ok up to 20 yards. 25 gets iffy. 30 I'm out. I'll be chasing arrows all day. Still working on distance a bit.
Onski69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2022, 06:38 AM   #14
Onski69
Four Point
 
Onski69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Can anyone tell me about what range or the max range the Men's class shoots from or out to?
Onski69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2022, 07:59 AM   #15
Bisch
Pope & Young
 
Bisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sonora, Tx
Default TBOT 2022 1st 3D Feb12th,13th

At most shoots, the average shot distance will be a little under 20yds. It varies depending on who sets the course though. There will be some shots much shorter, and a some longer. The longest could stretch out to 40 or more, but usually only one or two like that, and usually at really big targets like elk or bison.

You should come out and give it a try. It is a blast.

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2022, 10:41 AM   #16
CamoQuest
Ten Point
 
CamoQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Franklin
Hunt In: Robertson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onski69 View Post
Can anyone tell me about what range or the max range the Men's class shoots from or out to?
Don't be afraid to come shoot. Most of the clubs setting the TBoT courses do so with fun and trad shooters in mind. While the yardage isn't marked, the shots tend to be more hunting minded in nature and aren't designed to make a trad shooter lose heart. I've shot from the men's stake at several shoots, and haven't lost TOOOOO many arrows. The few far shots are, as Bisch said, usually on large targets and there won't be many of them. When you arrive, tell the folks at the registration table you are new to TBoT shoots, and they will probably put you with someone who can show you the ropes. My husband and I have been shooting trad a few years now, and everyone has been welcoming and patient with new shooters.

Last edited by CamoQuest; 02-10-2022 at 10:44 AM.
CamoQuest is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2022, 12:31 PM   #17
Onski69
Four Point
 
Onski69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Thank you for the feedback. I'm going to get out there, just trying to schedule with the wife which day. Probably try for Sunday as it looks like it'll be a little warmer.

I guess I'm going to really need to work on my range guesstimating. lol. Definitely NOT one of my stronger points. I foresee lots of arrow chasing in my near future.
Onski69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2022, 08:03 PM   #18
Oneway
Pope & Young
 
Oneway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Paris,TX
Hunt In: Kuiu Verde
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onski69 View Post
Thank you for the feedback. I'm going to get out there, just trying to schedule with the wife which day. Probably try for Sunday as it looks like it'll be a little warmer.

I guess I'm going to really need to work on my range guesstimating. lol. Definitely NOT one of my stronger points. I foresee lots of arrow chasing in my near future.
Life has been full blast, thanks for all the help answering the questions, "its all unknown", you can bring binos or monos but no range finders.

Hunt County Archery Club has set a great course with added Mulligans

Rocking H Designs will be bringing wood arrows.

There wil be lots of great food

Memberships will be available to purchase

TBOT Apparel available for purchase

Buckles have arrived

See You There!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Oneway; 02-10-2022 at 08:13 PM.
Oneway is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2022, 06:55 AM   #19
Onski69
Four Point
 
Onski69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the hospitality yesterday. I was able to make it out and shoot and had an absolute blast! Can't wait to shoot at some more events. Met some great people; Curtis, Dustin and his family, Charles and the ladies helping out inside.

Where would I find the scores from over the weekend? I wasn't able to hang out yesterday for the end. Had a long drive and one last football game to watch.
Attached Images
 
Onski69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2022, 07:33 AM   #20
CamoQuest
Ten Point
 
CamoQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Franklin
Hunt In: Robertson County
Default

The scores will be posted on the TBoT page, and sometimes this takes a little while, just fyi. We might see a link to the results pop up on this thread, if someone who was there and has access gets a chance.
CamoQuest is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2022, 08:13 AM   #21
Onski69
Four Point
 
Onski69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoQuest View Post
The scores will be posted on the TBoT page, and sometimes this takes a little while, just fyi. We might see a link to the results pop up on this thread, if someone who was there and has access gets a chance.
Ok, very cool. Thank you. I realize everyone has other lives and day jobs, I just didn't know if I was looking in the right place or not.
Onski69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2022, 07:55 AM   #22
Bisch
Pope & Young
 
Bisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sonora, Tx
Default

https://www.tbot.org/shoot_results/p...t_results.html

This^^^^^ is where you will find shoot results once they get posted. Like said above, sometimes that takes a little while to happen.

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2022, 08:07 AM   #23
Onski69
Four Point
 
Onski69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

They posted them on Facebook yesterday.
Attached Images
 
Onski69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2022, 09:10 AM   #24
CamoQuest
Ten Point
 
CamoQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Franklin
Hunt In: Robertson County
Default

Not too shabby for a new shooter, JS. Glad to see you made it out and had a great time!
CamoQuest is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2022, 10:36 AM   #25
BillyJack1975
Six Point
 
BillyJack1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Harlingen TX
Hunt In: Deep South Texas, Alaska
Default

Do all TBOT shoots have recurve and longs wood divisions?

Cowtown will be my first TBOT 3D shoot.
BillyJack1975 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2022, 04:26 PM   #26
Onski69
Four Point
 
Onski69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
Do all TBOT shoots have recurve and longs wood divisions?

Cowtown will be my first TBOT 3D shoot.
From what I've seen they do. Looks like most past shoots had scoring for them unless there wasn't any turnout for the class.
Onski69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2022, 05:49 PM   #27
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri
Default

Yes

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com