No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01/19/22 I was banking on a good bite, and it was. Pretty dang windy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Solid stringer!!!

I got up late today and fished about 2 hours. Took the kayak out to a muddy bay. Peddled into the wind and drifted back across a couple mud/ shell flats. Got skunked.

Got soaked peddling into the wind. But it made it easy to get on the way out. Pretty much drifted to my truck.

Comment

I fished today too. The water was about 18" low. it has come up some but it's still pretty low. Water temp was 57. I drifted the bay with soft plastics and we scratched out a half doz reds, 7 or 8 trout and a drum. It wasn't bad but it wasn't on fire. I had to be back to the dock by noon and the bite really just kicked off around 10:30 or 11. We caught several fish on our last drift. I wish I could have fished another hour or two longer.

Comment

Congrats Oso and Glenn!
          Getting close to time when shotgun gets 2nd pick behind the rod!

Comment

Water is out so fished ICW drains yesterday. Not on fire but would catch a fish or two on each drain. Mostly redfish and all but 2 were under 20 inches. Did have some decent trout and had to keep one that ate a soft plastic too deep.

Comment

Nice work Oso.

Comment

Had a great trip to Port Mansfield. Sunday afternoon was a bit of a grind, but we found about 20 or so good reds in the skinny stuff, no trout.
                Monday was on fire! Caught and released over 100 fish between 4 of us. Mostly redfish with a few good trout scattered in.

Comment

My fishing buddy (youngest son Dax) got away from the offshore boat and we had a good day in the LLM. Yesterday. Pre-front. Bite was really on about 1pm. Kept a few 20-23 for dinner, 1 flounder and one drum. It's Corky time.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by twright; 01-20-2022, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
                    My fishing buddy (youngest son Dax) got away from the offshore boat and we had a good day in the LLM. Yesterday. Pre-front. Bite was really on about 1pm. Kept a few 20-23 for dinner, 1 flounder and one drum. It's Corky time.
                    Beautiful fish

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought there was no more trout tpwd is fixing to more to a 3 fish limit

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        I thought there was no more trout tpwd is fixing to more to a 3 fish limit
                        I don't think anyone ever said there were no trout but the numbers are for sure quite a bit lower than before the freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                          Solid stringer!!!

I got up late today and fished about 2 hours. Took the kayak out to a muddy bay. Peddled into the wind and drifted back across a couple mud/ shell flats. Got skunked.

Got soaked peddling into the wind. But it made it easy to get on the way out. Pretty much drifted to my truck.

I laughed when I read this and saw your handle. At least you were after them bud!

Comment

Yeah buddy!! Wowsers!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                              had a great trip to port mansfield. Sunday afternoon was a bit of a grind, but we found about 20 or so good reds in the skinny stuff, no trout.
                              Monday was on fire! Caught and released over 100 fish between 4 of us. Mostly redfish with a few good trout scattered in.

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

congrats!

Comment

Congrats to Dax! Beautiful fish!

Comment

Working...
                                X