I took my grandad hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took my grandad hunting

Blant Jones passed in 1973. I wore his upland Duxbak jacket this past weekend in Kansas. Anybody else have a similar story about outdoor gear that has been passed down?

Click image for larger version

Name:	KJinBJscoat2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	25272143

Ive got a down fleece vest from my grandfather. I wear it when it’s REALLY cold. I never had the opportunity to meet the man. He died before I was born. We still get to hunt together. I’ll meet him one day.

Comment

That’s really cool. My father and I did a lot of quail and pheasant hunting when I was growing up. I have the Filson hunting jacket he bought probably in the mid 60’s. It still has some empty hulls in the pockets and even some crusty wads of feathers in the game bag. I get it out occasionally and just the smell of it makes the memories come flooding back. I also have his favorite quail gun - a Franchi 20 gauge auto loader that is now over 50 years old.

Comment

Still have my dads old quail and dove vest
        has some patches on it but think of him
        every time I look at it
        Awesome on ya Bud

Comment

Cool deal

Comment

That's greatness

Comment

Awesome jacket

Comment

So cool

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

No pictures but iv shot squirrels with my grandads bolt action .410. I have it and a box of shells my grandad had on his gun rack in his bedroom the day he passed. One day when the wind is blowing right my son (7 yo now) and I will take a stroll and let him shoot something with it and hopefully with my grandads shells also. I also own my grandads 1974 ford courier pickup that I plan on driving to the hunting spot.

Comment

My daughter hunts wearing her great grandfathers red wool jacket . She keeps a turkey feather in the breast pocket he had left there for luck.

Comment

I wear my grandfather’s belt when bird hunting. My cousin wears his sweater. I shoot my neighbor’s husband’s Citori that I bought off her to keep his memory in the field. The gun is named Ferrel after him.

Comment

My father in law was like a second father to me. He passed away almost 11 years ago. He left me his Marlin 30-30. I hunt with it on occasion and this year I shot a nice buck with it. When I was on a lease I used to keep a pair of his gloves in the stand all season so he was hunting with me. He was bed ridden his last few months and I was leaving to go hunting in West Texas, he told me he'd give everything he owned to go one more time. I miss him daily.

Comment

Awesome tribute. I have my Grandfather’s model 12 I hunt with every so often, tear up every time I do.

Comment

Cool. Y’all get any birds?

Comment

A couple of years ago I finally convinced my uncle to give me my grandfather's deer rifle. It's a Marlin 336 chambered in 30-30. I traded a shotgun for it. We got to talking and realized that the last person to fire it was my grandfather in 1987. I got it all cleaned up and ready to shoot. Had my Dad fire it next. Then I fired it. Took it out to the range and the rifle is an absolute shooter. For sure MOA rifle. I killed a nice buck with it last year. The first deer its killed since my Pa Pa. I hunt with it every year and take him along with me.

Dang it, its misty in here

Comment

Working...
                              X