No announcement yet.

Today's project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd first get a taller more comfortable chair to set my height with, then i would hinge those windows on the sides to open to the right and left on left one.

Comment

Will it need to be anchored down when not in use?

Comment

Nice

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Cool project, and pics show quite a bit of room for chairs, gear, taking shots, etc. Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
              Will it need to be anchored down when not in use?
              Not sure.

There are spots molded into the roof for tie downs

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                Our thought was since it's round the hinges will bind and not allow the window to open or close. Also the window will curve inside the blind and that might interfere with a bow shot.

So far the difficulty comes in holding the window in place. To counter that we are planning on putting a handle on the window.
                We used fender washers on the outside of the blind to hold the latches on. We was hoping they'd be big enough to keep the windows in place. They're not
                Maybe a single hinge in the center? Seems like it would make opening/closing a little easier since it would keep it in the same general location.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  Our thought was since it's round the hinges will bind and not allow the window to open or close. Also the window will curve inside the blind and that might interfere with a bow shot.

So far the difficulty comes in holding the window in place. To counter that we are planning on putting a handle on the window.
                  We used fender washers on the outside of the blind to hold the latches on. We was hoping they'd be big enough to keep the windows in place. They're not
                  Maybe hinges on the side of the window instead of the top or bottom would work. It would swing open to the side and wouldn't bind up.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                    Maybe hinges on the side of the window instead of the top or bottom would work. It would swing open to the side and wouldn't bind up.
                    We considered this.

Our concern was them getting bumped or banged around and making noise.
                    We could also kick them and make noise with them on the floor after taking them out.

We also contemplated leaving the holes open

Comment

When I get around to building my tank blind I’m going to install Deer View windows or something similar and a mobile home door.

Comment

Well I still haven't finished it.

It's holding water [emoji17]
                        The ribs on the sides don't let the door close tight. Same with windows.
                        Haven't tried to figure that out yet.
                        I might redo the way the doors mounted and put a bead off Caulk across the top of the windows. Maybe make a fiberglass eyebrow ...
                        Don't want to drill any hours on the floor but I might have to.

I've located a metal spool I want, so I can just it as the base to elevate it...
                        Last edited by Pushbutton2; 09-09-2021, 07:03 PM.

Comment

First kill from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            When I get around to building my tank blind I’m going to install Deer View windows or something similar and a mobile home door.

http://deerviewwindows.com/

I can't wait, either..
                            I'm sure, there's plenty of room for us both..

Comment

Frame the window square, and you could put a slider in it.

Comment

Drill a hole in the floor. Or you’ll have an enclosed swimming pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X