Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2021, 07:58 PM   #1
SJP51
Eight Point

Hunt In: Menard, Bryan, San Augustine
Default A Reason to Be Thankful..

Was driving home from work today south on Hwy 259. I'm in the RH lane doing 70 mph speed limit. Truck is passing me on my left, pulling a long flat bed trailer that had an old VW Bug and a 4-wheeler ATV on it. The ATV is at the back end of the trailer.

As it passed, I noticed the ATV slide back. Then the darn thing fell off!! One strap was still holding it as the ATV is swerving all over the road behind the trailer. I grab the brakes just as the ATV breaks loose, does a couple flips, lands on all 4 wheels about 15-yards in front of me, and the runs off the road.

Crap! That thing could have been in my front seat!! ATV parts were flying all around my 4Runner but I never took a hit.

The guy drove on, not knowing anything had happended. I pulled off to change my underwear.

Said a few thank you's to the Lord and the angels present. Will remember this latest of things to be grateful for while feasting on pecan pie tomorrow.

Wish I had that on video!!

Ya'll stay safe on the roads!
SJP51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top