Not very cell phone savy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not very cell phone savy....

When I was given a company phone to carry I quit carrying my personal cell phone. My personal phone is a Samsung Rugby flip phone. Been considering carrying it with me again but not necessarily that particular phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active that was my previous company phone before I got an upgrade. Both my personal cell service and my company cell service is AT&T. Can I just pull the sim card from my old personal phone and stick it into the S7 and it work?

Not sure, but even if the card fits, I think you will have to go through ATT. Some how they are able to detect the type phone its in.

If you need a new sim card, they'll exchange it at no cost I believe.

Comment

I got lost in the what phone is which. But yes, it'll work.

As long as both are android. Wont work if one is apple going to android and vise versa. Flip phones now days are alot different than when android and apple got started. The sim card is what's activated and almost doesn't matter what phone it's in as long as its compatible.
      Last edited by Kevin.; 02-23-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

If same size SIM card it should work just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
          When I was given a company phone to carry I quit carrying my personal cell phone. My personal phone is a Samsung Rugby flip phone. Been considering carrying it with me again but not necessarily that particular phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active that was my previous company phone before I got an upgrade. Both my personal cell service and my company cell service is AT&T. Can I just pull the sim card from my old personal phone and stick it into the S7 and it work?

Are the SIM cards the same physical size?
          If so than yes it should work. When my boys was young they broke there phones I’d replace it with a cheap GO Phone. I’d take the SIM Card from the old phone and put in the new phone and they’d be ready to go

Comment

Different sized sim card so won't be a quick and easy trade out.

Comment

You can cut it to fit or just go to the store and they will hook you up.

Comment

I carry two phones and I hate it.

Comment

When I stopped carrying my personal phone and just gave out my work cell number I set my personal phone to forward all calls. The problem is texts don't get forwarded so I have to check it now and then just to see what I am missing.

Comment

Working...
                  X