Gun Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Insurance

Anyone using a company for gun insurance specifically? Have seen some mention that Renters or Home owners might cover this as well but didn't know what people on the Green Screen were doing. Had one stolen from my truck recently and got me thinking.
    Last edited by Fmjag64; 02-24-2020, 08:35 AM.

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    Anyone using a company for gun insurance specifically? Have seen some mention that Renters or Home owners might cover this as well but didn't know what people on the Green Screen were doing. Had one stolen from my truck recently and got me thinking.
    NRA members have some coverage.

Comment

I talked to my insurance agent about this and an addendum can be added to include the guns, but they have to have a certified appraisal and the costs are a relatively high. Normally the only time guns are listed is with collectors type items or those that are really expensive.

Comment

I had a separate policy to cover mine several years ago. I know my homeowners policy won't even come close to covering them if they were all stolen. I think adding them to my home owners policy was about $600 a year. After 25 years, I could have replaced the entire collection at those rates. I am in for other's input, though.

Comment

Most homeowners only covers up to $2,500 for firearms. Companies do allow you to schedule each firearm but you do have to have an appraisal to get the value.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
            Most homeowners only covers up to $2,500 for firearms. Companies do allow you to schedule each firearm but you do have to have an appraisal to get the value.
            When I had a gun stolen, my insurance company (USAA-Renters Policy) wanted a lot of proof of the gun. Like a receipt from the dealer or information from the box it came in.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
              When I had a gun stolen, my insurance company (USAA-Renters Policy) wanted a lot of proof of the gun. Like a receipt from the dealer or information from the box it came in.
              LOL, I inherited half of mine from my grandfather and my dad. Those are all 40-100 years old.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                LOL, I inherited half of mine from my grandfather and my dad. Those are all 40-100 years old.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                Documentation wit lots of photos and serial numbers

Comment

Use someone who doesn’t want all the information on your guns and is cheaper than almost everybody.

Eastern Insurance Group is now part of Gallagher, expanding expertise and relationships in commercial and personal property and casualty products, along with health and benefits consulting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

These folks are good. No info required except for your firearms over $2500’

Firearm Insurance Covers the costs associated with damage, loss or theft of your firearms. Buy now FIREARM INSURANCE Coverage to protect your firearm property

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Use someone who doesn’t want all the information on your guns and is cheaper than almost everybody.

Eastern Insurance Group is now part of Gallagher, expanding expertise and relationships in commercial and personal property and casualty products, along with health and benefits consulting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      This.

Comment

Working...
                      X