No announcement yet.

Investments for babies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at some General Obligation bonds. Fixed interest and long term investment. I purchased through Schwab.
    They are triple Tax-free. 1K turned into 5k over 20 years for my sons. Gave them their money at 21

Comment

Preference points

Comment

Scott - You are on the right path. The specific investments are a personal choice and IMO should be made after some research.

The most important part is set up some type of an automated transfer savings to his savings and increase it when you can. Even if it's as little as a few bucks a month, but whatever your budget will allow. We did this for both our kids and it worked out great over the years.

Comment

The moment I was born my pop put money every check in to my texas tomorrow fund. I had 4 years of college paid for by time I graduated high school. Zero student debt thanks to them . I’ll forever be grateful .

Comment

What happens to the 529 plan if Bernie gets elected and college is free.

Comment

Put some into junk silver and 1/4 oz. gold coins so if the world economy ever tanks he can still have something valuable to fall back on. Who knows what will happen in 15-20 years. I am leery of the world banking system and the amount of credit that is out there. This can be a partial investment with other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Preference points

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                  Lol, right?

Comment

Good question...

Don’t forget to start him out with a Roth IRA as soon as he has earned income.

Comment

We do 529 plans and a savings account for each of my 3 boys setup on autodraft. I am seriously considering taking the savings accounts and dumping them into index funds like several others have said.

Comment

He thanks you for your donation!

Comment

Set up a 357 plan.

buy him a marlin lever action and put it in the safe.

Comment

Be on heck of a day to do that, market is tanking hard today.

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
                            We do 529 plans and a savings account for each of my 3 boys setup on autodraft. I am seriously considering taking the savings accounts and dumping them into index funds like several others have said.

Comment

Then you pull the money and pay capital gains just like any other account.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                                My boys are 4 and 1. For their money, I fund 3/4 into a 529 and 1/4 into a savings account.

The 529 is for college and the savings is for a truck or other large purchase needed at 18.
                                this!

Comment

Working...
                                X