Social media restriction for sex offenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social media restriction for sex offenders

Are there social media restrictions on convicted pedophiles who are still on probation?

I was thinking there were, but might be wrong. But I stumbled across a man who was charged with multiple crimes in 2009, sentenced to 7 years + 10 years probation.

Feel free to pm if you prefer to answer that way.

Depends on the conditions after conviction or condition of bond. Having arrested several everyone is different. One thing we asked for for bond conditions was either no internet access and or monitored internet acces. So the pedo could legally be online depending on the restrictions

Comment

It would hard to be on social media if he didn't have hands. 7 yrs is awful light

Comment

On another note, I was part of the internet crimes against children task force. And I’ve seen a wide variety of punishments. Deferred to life in prison. Even got one guy that’s no longer allowed to go to Kyle field. Which is what he was the ost upset about becauseat one time he was a high ranking in the corps. If you have any questions PM me, or post them here

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          Depends on the condweitions after conviction or condition of bond. Having arrested several everyone is different. One thing we asked for for bond conditions was either no internet access and or monitored internet acces. So the pedo could legally be online depending on the restrictions
          Well the bass t u r d was charged when he drove from Plano to College Station to meet a 13 yr old... luckily it turned out to be an undercover cop and a sting. But something tells me this wasn’t his 1st time.

Comment

Pm his info and I’ll see what I can find out.
            With his social media URL

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              Pm his info and I’ll see what I can find out.
              With his social media URL
              Info pm’d to you. Thanks

Comment

Almost certain there is a condition of his probation that prevents him from using a computer at all. That was what it was in Ellis County in 2003, but depends on the District Judge that signed the order.

Comment

In Fort Bend County most sex oofenders on probation are required to only use a computer that is being monitored. They might access social media but we can see whatever is posted, and are alerted if there is something inappropriate that is posted, accessed, or viewed. Also, most are also required to participate in sex offender counseling and they have to submit to periodic polygraphs that will reveal other violations, like contact with children, use of an unmonitored computer, etc. If you know the name of the county where he is on probation, you can call that county's adult probation department and ask to speak to his probation officer. The PO might night be able to disclose much specific information about the offender, but most are happy to receive information about the offenders they supervise.

Comment

Working...
                  X