X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETF investing

What are the pros and cons of them?

ETF vs Mutual Funds

Compare ETF vs. mutual fund minimums, pricing, risk, management, and costs, then weigh the pros and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      Thanks TD

Comment

You won't go wrong with ETF, just don't touch it and don't look at it for 20-30yrs.

Comment

What's your risk tolerance? If you don't want to do the research to buy a stock, then they can be safer.

Comment

I read through the link that TD posted and I think I'm going to go with the Vanguard S&P500

Comment

Been thinking about this myself. I have alot in American Funds for mutual funds and ROTH

Seems like ETF's are cheaper fees

Comment

Exactly what I do, mutual fund S&P500 with weekly deposits out of my check. Out of sight out of mind!

But we also do 401k and 529.

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                I read through the link that TD posted and I think I'm going to go with the Vanguard S&P500

Comment

Index investing in either the form of an ETF or mutual fund, is a good choice. The SP500 is a diverse investment and for the vast majority of people will out perform their cocktail of stock picks. Remain invested and you will be happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

The majority of my investments were with American funds and it was not much, but we got lucky and mad A LOT of money for our retirement. I put it in with a financial advisor that was close to our age and financial status and i listened to him and we are pretty set right now. Did not look at it except for what is was doing for about 30 years!

Comment

These are some great ETF's to consider through Fidelity as well:

Comment

Working...
                        X