Another pellet grill thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just picked up my pellet grill this weekend
    Went with the pitts & spitts maverick 1250 w/ a vertical offset.
    Got it oiled down and heat turned up to season it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aggieland View Post
      They had the model I wanted on sale for $200 off so I pulled the trigger.
      Sorry, my comment wasn’t directed at anyone, just a general comment. I hope you didn’t think it was.

I priced the same unit direct from P&S and that assembly was $2,700 with WiFi, extra rack, and stainless tray.. You mind me asking what you got it for?

I picked up my GMG for less than $500.
      Last edited by Greenheadless; 09-02-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post

Very nice. I though the box to the side was for cold smoking. I was told it runs about 200° cooler than the main box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by aggieland View Post
          I had a RecTec 680 that I lost to Harvey but it was great the year and half I had it and the customer service was great as previously stated. I was hoping they would give me a discount so I could replace with another RecTec but no such luck. I spent a lot of time researching and decided to go with a local company and went with the Pitts & Spitts Maverick 1250. The quality of this thing is very impressive and the steel is much thicker that the RecTec.

You’re gonna love it.

Comment

That's NICE!!

hard to imagine a pit that big being fueled by pellets

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              Sorry, my comment wasn’t directed at anyone, just a general comment. I hope you didn’t think it was.

I priced the same unit direct from P&S and that assembly was $2,700 with WiFi, extra rack, and stainless tray.. You mind me asking what you got it for?

I picked up my GMG for less than $500.
              Oh no not at all. I paid around $1500 for my RecTec with the accessories I got with it. To replace it with a new RecTec RT-700 they are $1200 so I decided I was going to look around and see what else was out there. I narrowed it down to the Pitts and Spitts, Gator Pitts of Texas and Yoder. When I saw the Pitts and Spitts on sale for $200 off this weekend I pulled the trigger. The Maverick 1250 usually sales for $2200 so I got it for $2K but that was just bare pit no accessories. It is all welded and much thicker gauge steel than the RecTec with the same PID controller. I can tell you the thing is built like a tank and I have zero regrets stepping up to the P&S. I'm sure the GMG will do everything you need it to and probably more so it all comes down to personal preference and what you're comfortable spending.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats on your new Pitts & Spitts I joined the club too this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Very nice. I though the box to the side was for cold smoking. I was told it runs about 200° cooler than the main box.

Yes, it is more for low cook temps, cold smoking, keep food warm etc.....

Comment

Yes, it is more for low cook temps, cold smoking, keep food warm etc.....

First cook and it held the temps perfect.
                    Pork belly, ribs and sausage

Comment

That looks great! Man these grills have come a long ways since the traegers!

Comment

That looks great....both food and grill. Been thinking about a pellet grill for the ease of things lately.

Comment

First cook and it held the temps perfect.
                          Pork belly, ribs and sausage

So now that you've had it a while how are you liking it, Chief? That's the same model I'm considering but trying to choose between the standard 1250 and the sidebox. Do you think it's worth the extra for the side box?

Thanks!

Comment

OP, I dont think you can go wrong with a Yoder. When I went through this process I narrowed it down to the Yoder and the P&S. There really wasnt enough difference in the two, imo, so I bought the P&S since it was local to me. 1 year later and I have been very happy with it. I will say the outside still looks as good as the day I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by menglert View Post
                              So now that you've had it a while how are you liking it, Chief? That's the same model I'm considering but trying to choose between the standard 1250 and the sidebox. Do you think it's worth the extra for the side box?

Thanks!

Still love it. Used the side box last night to reverse sear a tomahawk.
                              I actually use the side box more than I thought that I would. I would not hesitate to buy another if I was looking.
                              I actually have not used my green egg xl since I bought this one.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                                Bob will be by in a minute too tell you how stupid we all are with pellet grills. Give it time. Might be to late for him. By the way don't pay any attention to him. He is an expert on everything having to do with brisket and UT football!@
                                And salsa, tacos, bbq sides, etc. Hi BoB

Comment

Working...
                                X