Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    16 hours on stand in 2 days.... NADA.... ZERO

These stands according to cameras have all had shooters in daylight recently. I’m floored. I think �� m the only one who hasn’t seen or killed this weekend here

I’ve hunted 30 hrs in past 3 days and saw my first buck over 2.5...I’ve seen 2 bucks total...my deer aren’t acting “ruttish” AT ALL... everything’s just grazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw a lone doe the afternoon about 5:15. Just browsing. Hung around for maybe 10min. All we saw

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        I’ve hunted 30 hrs in past 3 days and saw my first buck over 2.5...I’ve seen 2 bucks total...my deer aren’t acting “ruttish” AT ALL... everything’s just grazing

Mine are GONE. everyone from 300 yards to 3 miles of me has seen no less than 6 today alone hunting 3 in morning and 2-3 hrs evening. The pressure has them moved or they have just chased the few doe I had off

Comment

Came home from running errands and had a doe 2 feet behind the target i shot yesterday afternoon. She would have been about 45 yards from the patio.

Feeder in the front yard and shes grazing acorns in the back

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^
            Acorns everywhere here. Deer will stop and nibble on my hand corn then go homestead around the oak trees for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
              Holy cow. What county

Montgomery.

Comment

I’ve got tons of acorns around me as well still. Come next week with a couple nights of freezing maybe they’ll be on the corn by next weekend.

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

With all this rain I’m shocked there’s an acorn worth a **** you could drive a tpost 2’ with one swing over the past two weeks

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    With all this rain I’m shocked there’s an acorn worth a **** you could drive a tpost 2’ with one swing over the past two weeks

That’s no joke. It’s sloppy around our deer lease from all this weather.

Comment

Covered in acorns in Houston County also. Sat in the tree stand from 5am to 6pm last two days. I watched 2 doe, three non-shooter bucks and couple sounders of hogs during last 30 minutes of light all pass close by me with corn and attractant on the ground to munch on acorns.

There has been a pretty stiff wind last two days and lots of acorn missiles.

This same weekend last year (Nov 11th) I was able to harvest a deer, but tons more acorns this year. I wonder if the second rut will be better after they all get fattened up.

I thought for sure this weekend was going to be awesome. Sure makes for a disappointing vacation use. Haha.

J

Comment

Comment

Well my dad went back to hunting his stand today after I saw what I thought was a big 8 with a mule deer fork there Friday evening. Turns out he was an 11 (had some kickers) and I know this because dad smoked him at 5:13. It’s funny too because I first saw him Friday at 5:14, so at that time he had 1 minute shy of 24 hours to live.

Anyway, the buck went 180 lbs. on the hoof and had a ton of mass. He wasn’t super tall- he was legal though- but overall just a super nice buck, and much bigger than I’d initially thought.
                          Last edited by Etxbuckman; 11-11-2018, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            Well my dad went back to hunting his stand today after I saw what I thought was a big 8 with a mule deer fork there Friday evening. Turns out he was an 11 (had some kickers) and I know this because dad smoked him at 5:13. It’s funny too because I first saw him Friday at 5:14, so at that time he had 1 minute shy of 24 hours to live.

Anyway, the buck went 180 lbs. on the hoof and had a ton of mass. He wasn’t super tall- he was legal though- but overall just a super nice buck, and much bigger than I’d initially thought.

Closer pictures?

Comment

Sloppy ground....had to put a floor jack under a tower stand to get rid of the lean. It had sank in the mud 6-8" on one side. This stand is on a hill.

Talked to my dad last night whos been up since Thursday. Saw 6 bucks last night. Only one was legal

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Had two new bucks show up on cam last night may be the last crack at it this morning heavy rains coming this evening [emoji849]

Comment

Working...
                                X