No announcement yet.

Yellowstone trout guide and Braun Brothers Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On our return trip last year we went through Challis and spent the night in Round Valley RV park. Nothing special, but if you are only there for 1 night. I'm not sure how far from the venue, but it can't be much.

Comment

We did the whole park thing like ten times. For fishing go elsewhere. My family prefers the Henry fork of the snake river in island park. No guide needed and nowhere near as busy as the park. For sightseeing you are 30 minutes from west Yellowstone. Also, the Henry Fork is spring fed and your boys can play in the water there. It’s cold, but nothing like the waters of Yellowstone.

We also enjoy fishing the Grois Ventre river around Jackson. Just something about catching native cutthroats.

Comment

The Lamar Valley and Slough Creek on the North side are pretty awesome if you like to hike a little and get away from people. We fished the Snake on the south side of yellowstone and did a float on the Snake in Grand Teton NP down from Jackson Lake/Moran. Most beautiful part of the country with great cutthroat fishing. I used Snake River Angler for the float trip and was very happy. Fishing the Madison west of West Yellowstone is excellent also.

Comment

You should check out Justin Spence who owns Big Sky Anglers in West Yellowstone. You will short change your trip if you don’t take the Beartooth Highway in the NE part of the park to Red Lodge, MT.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            You will short change your trip if you don’t take the Beartooth Highway in the NE part of the park to Red Lodge, MT.
            Do not listen to this crazy old man if you are driving or pulling an RV.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
              Yes, the hog boy is correct. I would not want to pull an RV over the Beartooth Highway!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                We will have an RV with us! But maybe I can plan out our route to drop her off somewhere and just take the truck.

Y'all are awesome, the greenscreen never disappoints!

Comment

I've been to Yellowstone several times (5-6) and always stayed in Big Sky, just north west of Yellowstone. I fished with Gallatin River Guides every time and had a great time each visit. Diesel was my guide every trip and always had me on fish. It's been 3 or so years since my last visit, but would recommend them.

Are you looking for the best rivers to fish on? Want to reel in a big catch? We’re a full-service fly fishing outfitter in Big Sky Montana that’s open year-round. Book today!

Comment

We’re going up there next month... Anyone fish the Snake river in Teton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                      The Lamar Valley and Slough Creek on the North side are pretty awesome if you like to hike a little and get away from people. We fished the Snake on the south side of yellowstone and did a float on the Snake in Grand Teton NP down from Jackson Lake/Moran. Most beautiful part of the country with great cutthroat fishing. I used Snake River Angler for the float trip and was very happy. Fishing the Madison west of West Yellowstone is excellent also.

Just saw this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My son and a few friends went last year, they did not hire a guide and had great fishing.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips, we had a great time, with lots of memories made! Here's some pictures of the highlights. We sadly weren't able to make the logistics work out for BBR, with the kids needing to be back for school, but the rest was awesome. We burned almost 500 gallons of gas over the week, saw all the antelope, elk, and bison you'd ever want, and saw 4 different black bears, one of which was radio collared.

Only got to fish one morning, but it was magical. The creek I was fishing is only open in August and September, and chock full of native cutthroats. I had two hours of a mayfly hatch that I was getting a rise every drift, and landed more than 12.

I'm glad we did Yellowstone, and I enjoyed it, I'm not sure we'll be back. But we fell IN LOVE with Jackson. I'm already planning our return trip(s).

Last edited by duckboy007; 08-16-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X