Garden help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden help

Looking for some advice on my tomatoes. I have some roma plants and husky cherry plants that are making fruit like crazy and have been for a few weeks. Problem is they won’t turn red, they don’t even have any color other than green. Is there anything I can do to help them ripen? We have been getting a bunch of rain and I don’t want them to start splitting as they are some of the largest Roma’s I’ve ever seen. I can leave them on the plant for a while longer since I haven’t had issues with bugs, birds, or squirrels lately. Any options/opinions?

Be patient, its probably not quite time to see them ripen yet. Mine look the same way.

Comment

Mine do too.....

Comment

Standby, I'm betting you'll start getting color as soon as the temps get closer to normal. Got my plants in a bit late, everything's just kind of sittin' there! Of course I could be full of it, most of what I learned about gardening was from my grandparents and am learning that some of my knowledge comes with a "ya but".

Comment

Try to make sure they get sunshine. The temps will help. Can throw some eggshells and bananapeels in the soil to make sure it has nutrients for ripening,but you're probably fine.

Comment

Mine are loaded down too but still as green as can be.

Comment

Give them a little time, they will turn.
              Any issue with blossom end rot? Roma's are pretty bad about that. If you due, sprinkle some Epsom salts around each plant at planting next time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I have some cherry tomato plants that are the same way. I'll wait and see.

Comment

Mine are the same. Need warmer weather especially at night.

Comment

Pick them and they will release ethylene and ripen. We have always picked them green and let them ripen in the house.

Comment

Probably the combination of wet weather, cool temps, and cloudy days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank y’all for the input, I’ll leave them alone for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                          Thank y’all for the input, I’ll leave them alone for a bit.

Are you using any supplemental fertilizer?

Comment

They need heat to ripen them leave them be and let them do their thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                              Are you using any supplemental fertilizer?

I was using just a little organic liquid seaweed.

Comment

Working...
                              X