Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spot Hogg Fast Eddie versus HHA single pin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Thanks for the input fellas...I think I'm going to run with the Fast Eddie. I mean I keep my bows for a long time so I might as well do it up right and keep it right?

Haven't decided on the regular or XL yet. I'd like to not have to remove it each time to put in my case so I need to look at that.

If you look at every target archery pro on the planet they use a dovetail. Don’t let that worry you.

I got the regular without the dovetail for the weight savings and the fact I don’t really run my sight very far out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks fellas for the replies..

Comment

I shot a HHA for years. Good sight but HEAVY and does have a lot of side flex in it. It’s reallt not that tough a sight compared to others.. especially for its weight.

I switched to spot Hogg tommy hog and it’s in another level of quality! The fast Eddie was released about a month after I made my purchase. I’ve shot several of them and have several friends with them. Very light and still strong. I would have went that route had it been available

Comment

Jason, I used a Fast Eddie all last season and I will never go back to anything else. In all honesty, with a .019 pin, I’ve never had to use my light because that one fiber optic brings in enough light. I found that if you have a light that only has one brightness setting, it’s TOO bright and will throw you off. But other than that, it’s a solid sight and I would recommend it over an HHA any day.

Comment

On another note, I am not a huge fan of the multi ring on the housing as well. It comes with a single ring and that’s what I use

Comment

Originally posted by TyGSmith View Post
              Jason, I used a Fast Eddie all last season and I will never go back to anything else. In all honesty, with a .019 pin, I’ve never had to use my light because that one fiber optic brings in enough light. I found that if you have a light that only has one brightness setting, it’s TOO bright and will throw you off. But other than that, it’s a solid sight and I would recommend it over an HHA any day.

Thanks Turco.

I hunt mostly out of blacked out 6x6 dark boxes with one window open sitting in the back corner so my light availability is going to be pretty poor with any sight I’m afraid.... or at least it has in the past. HHA is bright as heck if I hunt in a tripod or even a pop up that lets in more light. That why I asked about the light. Hopefully it’s brighter than the HHA but you gotta have light to make the fibers glow and I don’t have much in these.

Comment

Never used the HHA, but the Fast Eddie double pin is awesome. That second pin is great for animals walking away and not having time to dial in a new yardage. I basically have a "happy spot" pin for at the feeder, and once they are any distance behind it its KY windage and the bottom pin. Works really well, ended a sow 2 weeks ago by making that switch at full draw. But then the ability to set that top pin to an exact yardage when not in a rush is wonderful. The dovetail is rock solid as listed above, and really nice for case storage, or working on things and getting the sight off. Also handy for blind baling. The light mount is "standard" threads so you can use whoever's you want, think mine currently has a Trophy Ridge light on it. Some question the open gears on the Fast Eddie, and I can say after a couple years of year-round abuse out in West Texas dusty conditions.... I have had zero issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Thanks Turco.

I hunt mostly out of blacked out 6x6 dark boxes with one window open sitting in the back corner so my light availability is going to be pretty poor with any sight I’m afraid.... or at least it has in the past. HHA is bright as heck if I hunt in a tripod or even a pop up that lets in more light. That why I asked about the light. Hopefully it’s brighter than the HHA but you gotta have light to make the fibers glow and I don’t have much in these.

I see. HHA also requires it’s own specific light attachment, whereas the Spot Hogg uses the same universal light you can find anywhere so they are easy to come by.

Comment

I know its not a topic of the question but I have the hogg father double pin with MRT and I absolutely love it!

Comment

Originally posted by TyGSmith View Post
                      I see. HHA also requires it’s own specific light attachment, whereas the Spot Hogg uses the same universal light you can find anywhere so they are easy to come by.

True but I already have the HHA sight and the light on my current bow so that is moot .

That was my purpose for this thread ... trying to justify the extra expense... which I have now justified.....thanks T!. [emoji41]
                      Last edited by Smart; 05-08-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                        Never used the HHA, but the Fast Eddie double pin is awesome. That second pin is great for animals walking away and not having time to dial in a new yardage. I basically have a "happy spot" pin for at the feeder, and once they are any distance behind it its KY windage and the bottom pin. Works really well, ended a sow 2 weeks ago by making that switch at full draw. But then the ability to set that top pin to an exact yardage when not in a rush is wonderful. The dovetail is rock solid as listed above, and really nice for case storage, or working on things and getting the sight off. Also handy for blind baling. The light mount is "standard" threads so you can use whoever's you want, think mine currently has a Trophy Ridge light on it. Some question the open gears on the Fast Eddie, and I can say after a couple years of year-round abuse out in West Texas dusty conditions.... I have had zero issues.

Thanks Matt....Good info...

Comment

Smart, now that you justified the cost let us know how you like it after you shoot with it a little. I’m pretty set on getting the Fast Eddie XL myself.

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                            Smart, now that you justified the cost let us know how you like it after you shoot with it a little. I’m pretty set on getting the Fast Eddie XL myself.

Will do....

Comment

Sounds like you have already made your decision. I had the HHA on my old bow and my new bow already had a fast Eddie double pin on it (bought it used). I like both but in my opinion the HHA is a lot brighter. I hunt out of large fiberglass stands similar to what you are in. I never used my light on my HHA even though I had a light on it and my Fast Eddie requires me to turn on the light almost every time. Other than the brightness, you definitely can't go wrong with either. Both are outstanding sites.

Comment

Working...
                              X