• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    Where are the pics??

Come on man!!

x2 really no pics? haha

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
      The first couple of times I used mine I thought for certain I had ruined some good meat! After searing and eating I changed my mind!

Which unit do you have and what do you want for it? I know of another TBH’er who was talking about getting one.
      I have the ANOVA and not sure about price, shipping will probably be 25-30 bucks. So like 60.00 to your door. I've tried searing after and all that stuff, I just prefer the traditional way I guess. I don't notice an improvement in taste doing them this way, and it's kind of a hassle, IMO. I can send pic.s if needed ( wanted). But it just sits here, iam not going to use it any more.
      Last edited by critter69; 10-14-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

yummy

Comment

I just received mine from Amazon. I mostly bought one for steaks and pork chops. Hope it works as well as y'all say...

Comment

Is Sous Vide similar to the pressure cookers but it takes longer? I used an instacooker (electric pressure cooker) on some pork ribs. Super tender and super quick
            (30 Minutes) but tasteless and a bit rubbery. I prefer a smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrenkw View Post
              Is Sous Vide similar to the pressure cookers but it takes longer? I used an instacooker (electric pressure cooker) on some pork ribs. Super tender and super quick
              (30 Minutes) but tasteless and a bit rubbery. I prefer a smoker.
              Almost the exact opposite. Sous vide is low and slow, pressure cooker is crazy hot and fast.

Comment

I have been experimenting with mine. Steaks and chops have come out tasting very nice and tender. One thing I will not continue doing is marinating the meat. No need to. Kosher salt, cracked black pepper and butter is all you need. Or, your fav seasoning. I never liked tasting marinade on anything after it has been cooked/grilled.

Comment

Working...
                X