Camera Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoken0313 View Post
    No problem, here’s one of my daughter I shot with the kit lens...my mom was sitting in front of me holding her and she was not happy that grandma said no more cookies (I know it could be better but I’m pleased with it)
    Great!

After doing a bunch of reading the last week, I'm leaning towards an A6000 bundle for now. Body, battery, charger, soft case, 16-50mm lens, editing software, etc for $600.

Going to do a bit of shooting and familiarizing myself w/ the cam before purchasing my next lens in time for vacation.

Comment

awesome, I think you'll like it and there's a ton of videos on YouTube on how to use it and the different settings

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
        If you can find a used Canon 7D for around 300-400, that might be a good route to go too. Then you can grab a lens or two depending on what you think you'll be shooting. I'd probably try to track down a 55-250mm lens and then see if someone is getting rid of their kit lens (usually 18-55mm or 18-135mm) for pretty cheap.
        Agreed along these lines. If I could start over I would go find a used full frame camera and get one decent lens. Then stop spending money on it until you know how to use it inside and out and know how you'll actually use it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          Great!

After doing a bunch of reading the last week, I'm leaning towards an A6000 bundle for now. Body, battery, charger, soft case, 16-50mm lens, editing software, etc for $600.

Going to do a bit of shooting and familiarizing myself w/ the cam before purchasing my next lens in time for vacation.
          You won't be disappointed! It's a killer little camera.

Is that price for a new camera? If you don't mind going the used route you can probably score the camera with the kit lens for around $350 or so or a used body and the sony 50mm F1.8 prime (which will give you WAY better results than the kit lents) for around $600

I shot Moonspell, Amorphis and Dark Tranquillity in concert last year with my old A6000 and an ancient Helios 44m 58mm manual focus film camera lens. It was the last time I used that camera before I sold it to Sneaky on here and upgraded it to a Fuji XT1 They aren't the "best" photos but they are honestly some of my favorite pics I have ever taken.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...19yvJuCzCzwOsp
          Last edited by Jspradley; 02-26-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
            Agreed along these lines. If I could start over I would go find a used full frame camera and get one decent lens. Then stop spending money on it until you know how to use it inside and out and know how you'll actually use it.

That’s the idea for now. I’m looking forward to diving in and learning the features and getting to know the camera before dumping a bunch of money into it. I was thinking about doing it the other way around though... starting with the kit lens and buying a nicer one down the road once I learn the ins and outs. I’d be concerned starting with the 55-210mm. Isn’t that too much lens for portrait type stuff or just everyday stuff around the ranch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great!

I’m about to list a lightly used a6000 in the classifieds. It will come with a extra battery. We purchased our 3rd A7iii so no need for this guy anymore

I’m in SW Houston so we can meet up also.

Shoot me a pm if you are interested

Comment

That’s the idea for now. I’m looking forward to diving in and learning the features and getting to know the camera before dumping a bunch of money into it. I was thinking about doing it the other way around though... starting with the kit lens and buying a nicer one down the road once I learn the ins and outs. I’d be concerned starting with the 55-210mm. Isn’t that too much lens for portrait type stuff or just everyday stuff around the ranch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                That lens will be an equivalent focal length of about 83-310mm when you figure in the crop factor for the a6000 sensor. It will be great for posed portraits and wildlife but might be a little tight in for more casual and candid portraits or if you are trying to capture more of the scene.

Comment

Nikon D850 is a good camera in 2o19.Thanks to sophisticated 153-point AF system and 9fps burst shooting speed, the D850 is and incredibly versatile piece of kit, just a home shooting action and wildlife as it is landscapes and portraits.

Comment

Want to bump this up-- looking for recommendations on a decent camera for carrying on hunts, mostly backcountry.

Looking at the Sony RX100 series cameras. Any other similar size/quality recommendations??

Comment

I got a Pentax K-S2 - pretty good features for the price

BE YOUR EYES. Because the k-s2 will be your new eyes. A new history of evolution begins here.

Comment

I have both a T5i and an A6000 and 90% of the time, I will grab the Alpha. To me (a novice as well) the Alpha is just almost idiot proof and quick for action shots.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                          Want to bump this up-- looking for recommendations on a decent camera for carrying on hunts, mostly backcountry.

Looking at the Sony RX100 series cameras. Any other similar size/quality recommendations??
                          I believe Michael bought one of these for this reason. Perhaps he will see this and comment. I'm all in on Sony products.

Comment

Working...
                          X