No announcement yet.

Exotic animal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years back some of our stag got out when the fences went down. I asked the ranch neighbor if we could recover our stag and he said no. He added that he had some stag with tags and how could we prove any of the stag were ours. Never got them back. Next time I see exotics with tags on our ranch, they will become our property and fair game.

Comment

Our neighbors high fenced their place and have a few big WT and exotics...they are rude and always leave trash outside their gate so if one of “their” animals escapes I will definitely shoot it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had a few critters that have wandered onto my property.
        Some were shot, some were returned, one was sold. My cousin across the road has lost numerous Axis, Fallow and Blackbuck with storm/hog fence damage throughout the years. He knows he can never get them back onto his ranch. But he likes to know when they are shot just to keep track to see how many are still around. He puts no tags in ears on exotics. Had a horse wander onto the land...returned it to the owner, easy one. Had a Longhorn wander on. Knocked over feeder. No tags in ear, no tattoos. Notified Sherriff and immediate local neighbors. I waited 30 days, fed him. Went unclaimed. The big boy went to the market. Now I have a neighbor down the road who has about 30 Wallabees on their ranch. We all know who they are when they get out.
        I would not knowingly shoot a neighbors critter without permission.

Comment

The state of Texas will definitely tell you to shoot the warthogs that got onto the Chaparral, they don't have ear tags

May all be killed off by now, that was a few years ago

gatt40 I don't blame you one bit

Comment

If an exotic walks past my stand, big or small...it's getting shot. Cut the ear tag off before you post it on the public forum or just don't post it.

This is what a wise man once said...just repeating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
              If an exotic walks past my stand, big or small...it's getting shot. Cut the ear tag off before you post it on the public forum or just don't post it.

This is what a wise man once said...just repeating it.

So would you do the same thing if it was a steer with an ear tag?

Comment

I am and have been under the rule that TPWD has no control on exotic animals. That's why you can hunt them at night, no limits or season as well. An exotic shows up tagged or not, feel free to fill the freezer.....

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  watusi?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                    Branded, Banded or Tagged they are considered livestock per regs. Just sayin

That creates more "gray area" if true.

So if it is exotic, gets tagged, becomes livestock, does the IRS now get you for taxes on it? Does the agency overseeing the animal and agency overseeing the taxes "talk" to each other?

I AM NOT BEING A SMARTY PANTS, just stupid things I think of that make my mind go hmmmmm.......

My Mother and my Wife can back this up. They both say I waaay overthink things.

Comment

Escaped exotics should be terminated with the same fervor we have against hogs.

#keepTexasnative

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        I think we all know the difference in true LIVESTOCK and exotics loose from a high fence. . .

Comment

Bang.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            Escaped exotics should be terminated with the same fervor we have against hogs.

#keepTexasnative
                            X2

Comment

I thought legally they are treated like livestock if they have ear tags. If you kill a deer or exotic you are subject to paying restitution to the owner. You sure do find out a lot about the character of some individuals when able to post anonymously. Wonder why landowners are hesitant about leasing their hunting grounds or the price is so high? Who wants to deal with guys that may cause trouble with you and your neighbors?
                              Last edited by Beargrasstx; 12-21-2020, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                                I think we all know the difference in true LIVESTOCK and exotics loose from a high fence. . .
                                Do you know the difference in the law though when it comes to ear tagged exotics? Are they considered the landowners livestock or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X