SA thievery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA thievery

Well boys and girls just a friendly reminder to watch yourselves and your stuff, the San Antonio car theifs are alive and well and operating at full capacity. The son and daughter in law went to Bass Pro to do their Christmas shopping and to treat themselves with a Pappados dinner. When they came out of the cafe they were missing a side window and all their shopped goods!

Man hate to hear that. I was at bass pro today. I always make sure to hide anything that looks valuable and park as close to any building I go to.

Comment

Hate to hear this and hate a thief. Happens quite a bit here in Austin as well. We’ve had people passing through the neighborhood every night for the last several months pulling on door handles to find a car that’s open and a few that have broken windows to steal whatever they can get their hand a on. I personally think a lot of them are the homeless people that our mayor has allowed to camp anywhere they see fit.

Comment

That time of year unfortunately - Sorry to hear that for the Family.

Comment

Sorry a-holes! You would think bass pro would hire additional staffing to patrol the parking lot during the holiday shopping season.

Comment

The Rim in San Antonio is a hot bed for theft and has been for quite a few years now. I have all but quit going to San Antonio for anything, even to dine out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Sorry a-holes! You would think bass pro would hire additional staffing to patrol the parking lot during the holiday shopping season.
              At some point Bass Pro needs to be held accountable for some of this, they seem to be the magnet that attracts this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

The theft happened at Papadeux if I am reading the OP correctly.

Comment

SA thievery

Part of the problem is there’s typically zero enforcement for these crimes. The thieves are emboldened because there’s little risk of anything happening to them.

In corpus, the police department practically blames the victim for leaving items in your car. The district attorney here dismisses far more cases than are settled or tried. It’s a joke.

It would be interesting to see how many arrests and convictions San Antonio has for breaking into a vehicle. I’d bet not many.
                  Last edited by kyle1974; 12-03-2020, 06:00 AM.

Comment

The last time I was at Bass Pro they had a security guy cruising around on a golf cart, but I noticed he spent more time out in the parking lot where there weren't any cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      At some point Bass Pro needs to be held accountable for some of this, they seem to be the magnet that attracts this stuff.
                      Academy is no better

Comment

That's sad , I hate thieves!!

Comment

Thanks. It’s not just San Antonio. Corpus is a thief crap hole too. :-(

Comment

Sorry it happened. You can't leave anything tempting in view in your car or truck.

Comment

My last window pop was my last. Instead of just busting the window they tore up the window frame. It was a great pain getting it into a repair shop.

If the weather is clear my window is open, and my doors are always unlocked.

The strangest thing I’ve encountered with this is someone took my phone charging cable and left $20

Comment

Working...
                              X