70 lb hog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

70 lb hog.

Took down a 70 lb boar hog 3 weeks ago. Cleaned, quartered, vacuum sealed, etc. This boar had no stink at all(not really relevant), but I plan on smoking a bone in hind-quarter tomorrow. This is my plan: wash down the meat again with water and dry with paper towels, cover meat with rub, have smoker rolling at 210 deg, smoke until the meat reaches 165 degrees... then foil, take meat off at 200 internal degrees. Let it set in cooler for about an hour while still wrapped in foil. Take it out and hope to have pulled pork. How long should this size pig's hind-quarter take? Feel free to critique. Thanks.

Ttt

Comment

I smoke wild hog quarters for about 3 hours un covered then wrap in foil for about 3 or 4 more hours at 225. I pull them from the smoke at around 185. There is no fat to render so I don't take them to 220. I did a few last week and I'm still having left overs. Seems to taste better after a few days. I pull it, put it on a round roll with Bone Sucking BBQ Sauce and some jalapeno peppers.

Comment

Here's a few I did a couple of weeks ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372293593.080682.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	24214403

Comment

Thanks for the info. Anyone else?

Comment

I put as much meat in a crock pot with 2 liters of dr pepper ,tony,s , few garlic cloves and cook on low for 8 hrs. Then drain and add bbq sauce and its the best pulled pork of all time! It has been a huge hit with everyone that has tried it. A lot easier than smoking and what not.

Comment

Smoker... Could never fit this leg in any crock pot...

Comment

Ttt. Listening to everyone's suggestions.... Thanks to everyone adding there 2 cents above. Taking everything into consideration...

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                  X