Mirror Blind?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror Blind?!?!

This is not my idea, I recieved this in an email and liked it enough to post up the pictures.

Talk about perfect camo! I just dont know how practical it would be in the field.

It seems it would be fragile and easy to break. I also wonder how the reflection would be distorted from dirt and grime....

Might be fun to build one.
    What are yalls thoughts?

mirrored plexiglass....you can buy the stuff

Comment

Seems like a great idea but just imagine when a big ol buck sees himself and decides he wants to tango.
      Last edited by arrowsmack324; 03-18-2009, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
        Seems like a great idea but just imagine when a big ol buck sees himself and decides he wants to tango.
        x2

Comment

i think it would work well if made out of mirrored plexi
          bb

Comment

blind

Here is a pic of it.
            Attached Files

Comment

I think it is the best idea ever for camo,I have been trying to design a blind out of mirror for a few years now and will do so this year maybe. The blind will have to be tillted out a little at the top so it want reflex the sun though. Great looking blind!

Comment

I would have to be curious and use a UV flash light on it to see if it glows. Sounds kinda silly, but allot of materials do that and i would not be surprised if it did.
                If it doesnt, then i would be willing to give it a go.
                Last edited by tx07; 03-20-2009, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I wonder if the people who built that blind took into account the blinding reflection of sunlight on the walls. Awesome for overcast days or in a place where direct sunlight isn't an issue.

Comment

Well i do know that the blinds walls are at a slight angle to the ground so reflection would be downwards. But that dont mean it cant blind something at some point for sure.
                    But since it has a thin layer of clear plastic over the reflective plastic im curious of UV rays.
                    It really doesnt matter if we see it reflective, the deer wont if it does glow.

Comment

Good point TK

Hey I sent you a pm.

Comment

reflective blinds...

You can also buy highly polished aluminum sheets that will work well. It will have a reflectivity of about 85%, good enough for the job!

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Is this it?

Comment

that is cool I wonder if those 12x12 with the sticky backs would work on a blind that is already done. Just to break it up even more????

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
                              You can also buy highly polished aluminum sheets that will work well. It will have a reflectivity of about 85%, good enough for the job!
                              Yep I agree, back when I had a VW bug for a show car I used chrome sheet metal for the engine compartment andit was very reflective to show parts of the engine no-one see's normally.
                              This sheet metal will work as well.

BuckAssassin that is one of them.
                              The ones in the images are a little different at the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X