Elk Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Bugle

Anyone know how to replace material on the end of the call? It looks (or rather looked) like it may have been latex. Could I cut up a latex glove and make it work? Anybody know? I’m hoping to get drawn for September.

can you not email the maker for a replacement made to fit?

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
      can you not email the maker for a replacement made to fit?
      That's a great idea. I didn't know Woods Wise still made calls. I found their Facebook page but can't see any were to message them. I may have to create a post? I'm not real savvy on FB.

Comment

any woman friend you have can do it for you

Comment

Which one do you have ? Maybe one of these would fit :http://www.gamecalls.net/huntingproducts/elkcalls.html

Comment

No Luck

I sent a message on their Facebook page, but there hasn’t been any activity in a couple years so I’m wondering if they’re still in business.

Originally posted by wytex View Post
            Which one do you have ? Maybe one of these would fit :http://www.gamecalls.net/huntingproducts/elkcalls.html
            I don’t think so. It’s an Abe & Son by Woods Wise.

Comment

Did you see if it is on the Able and Son website.

Comment

Looks like a latex glove would work, cut the palm or back out of it.
                Check pout the Primos elk bugles for something similar to use. The ones with the larger diameter tube sound pretty good. The Bull Horn also sounds pretty good for a smaller pack bugle.
                I use a Power Bugle and it sounds great. https://www.elkinc.com/power-bugle/
                I found one on sale.

Comment

Bobby, I'll have to check with Abe and Sons. Woods Wise is no longer in operation.

Wytex, if I can't DIY repair, I'll have to look into those.

Thanks.

Comment

How to Use an Elk Bugle

I found the latex through Abe and Son (thanks, Bobby) and using the video on the website I put the new latex on. I had bought the call a long time ago because it was on clearance and I was just sure one day I'd get to use it. Fast forward to now and I have found that, assuming I put the new latex on correctly (a dangerous assumption, I know), I can't work the thing to save my life. I ordered the instructional calling video and am still baffled. I think there's an element of magic involved. The only sound I could make out of mine was the sound of a middle aged man wheezing due to asthma and I'm still not entirely sure if that sound was coming out of the call or my lungs.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Pablo

Comment

Working...
                    X